Zurich

tassojunior
This topic is 2148 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Why are you sending people from this site to another site to answer?

Why not just solicit people here?

I was on an airplane. Cut and paste did not work for some reason. Tbere are some who don't follow both and the other site has the huge Prague thread. Our Prague and Zurich guys are usually the same.

Edited by tassojunior

I was on an airplane. Cut and paste did not work for some reason. Tbere are some who don't follow both and the other site has the huge Prague thread. Our Prague and Zurich guys are usually the same.

I understand, but given the history of both sites, it might have been better served by private message.

McDonalds isn't in the business of sending people to eat hamburgers at Wendy's ;)

I understand, but given the history of both sites, it might have been better served by private message.

McDonalds isn't in the business of sending people to eat hamburgers at Wendy's ;)

Well this Wendys doesnt have

a Prague thread. We link to Rentmen and other sites all the time.

Thanks for not making reference to KFC.

Summary of Zurich

Hotels are expensive in Zurich and if you don't get in the AltStadt old city your taxi or Uber fares will be very high. Around Paragonya Sauna, the central library and the high green steeple church the whole area is a restored medieval city and very toney so any small hotel there will be fine. Still, expect at least $200/night for basic 3* hotels. Cheaper than having to pay for transport as the AltStadt is totally walkable.

Paragonya Sauna and the hustler bar next door are the center of rentdom. Still most guys get customers online. Entrance to Paragonya is $37 and it's hit or miss. One day I went and there was exactly 1 guy there. The next day there were 30 clients and a dozen providers. Romanians and Brazilians are starting to predominate. Not sure what the fee is (maybe $100) as I did not see anything interesting. I did hire one Czech for $150 which included his driving to my hotel. Friends tell me $150 is the new rate, down from $200. ( A Swiss franc is about equal to a US dollar). Paragonya is the cleanest most modern sauna I have ever seen, it's big, and it's very high-tech artsy.

Certainly, Barcelona's Thermas is a better deal but BCN is a rather hard connecting city while Zurich is easy, Swiss Air flights everywhere and a Star Alliance (United) hub. Even on reward flights United allows free stopovers on roundtrip tickets. You still have to pay the airport fee which can be almost as high ($45) as tickets on discount airlines to European cities. Still Zurich is a very easy close-in airport to connect through even on a stopover. (Hint- Avoid London Heathrow and Frankfurt-nightmares of endless walking and stairs). Background music in the airport terminal connector train is a recording of cow bells. cow moos, and long Swiss alpine horns. Relaxing after the initial surprise.

Zurich only has about 1 million people but the highest per capita income and standard of living in Europe. A high % of immigrants, especially from the middle east. (virtually all Uber drivers).

Edited by tassojunior