Gillette Fusion - I'm impressed!

guptasa1
This topic is 6583 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Although I HATE drudging up old threads ( }( ) I at least prefer to do it within the same thread.

I received a sample of Gilette's new Hydra-Fusion shaving gel yesterday. Oh. My. God. Sooooo fucking good. And cheaper than the other stuff I was talking about before. It stays thick and gets creamy (two qualities I KNOW we value here) the entire shave.

I shave in the shower and usually by the time I'm finishing up I'm only using residue because the steam has melted the base away. This stuff is thick and silky the entire time and leaves your skin SOOOOOOO soft.

I'm not quite sure what the soap content is but ya have to wash your face above the beard anyway so it's no big deal if it's not "cleaning" at the same time. This stuff is GREAT!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm...thanks for the tip! I'll hafta check it out and give it a shot. (I've been using philosophy's Razor Sharp for my face [good but damned expensive] and then Aveeno Positively Smooth for my body up to this point).

C'mere Scott and let me stroke,,,,,aw never mind!

I have been using Kiehls eagle squadron shave cream-love it.

I too shave in the shower,and this stuff stays in place.

Kind of expensive(see I do spend money on certain things :+ )but like all of kiehls products a little goes a long way and an 8 oz tub should last 6 months or more!Great stuff!

Pre Shave Oil

Other than Kiehls and Biotherm I have tried pretty much all of the other shaving products that have been mentioned. However, I have found that using a pre-shave oil underneath the shave cream (or shave gel if you prefer)when shaving the chest or pubic area gives you a very clean, close shave, more than using just a shave cream alone. Anthony Logistics makes an incredible pre shave oil. Also, if you do not want to use two steps (pre shave oil first then shave cream) Jack Black make a shave cream called "Beard Lube" that has a pre shave oil in it. It works incredibly well. (And no snickering over the name)

Hehe...to each his own I guess. I tried the Hydra-Gel and it doesn't work well at ALL for me (but I have *very* finicky skin *kicks his genes*). The shave isn't as smooth for me and it breaks out my skin more. (I also am not crazy about the scent, but I don't like most artificial scents, whether it be shaving cream, deoderant, etc. - I like the more natural stuff.)

My favorite shaving creams still remain philosophy's razor sharp for the face and then Aveeno Positively Smooth for the rest of the body. Both have nice, light scents that smell natural to me (especially the Aveeno), and the Aveeno just likes my skin better and I think softens the hair better/glides better as well. But I'm sure it's probably different with different skin types.

Speaking of scents, I was using this awesome Tom's of Maine natural deoderant for a while (similar to their "revised" lemongrass scent) that had the BEST smell, but then they discontinued it because of new FDA guidelines, and their new stuff breaks me out like crazy and I can't even use it... Oh well. =o/

And I love Suave Skin Therapy Vitamin E moisturizer because it has a pleasant scent too.

But that's just my two cents - different strokes for different folks, and sorry for the rambling. =oP

Archived