Gillette Fusion - I'm impressed!

guptasa1
This topic is 6583 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey all,

Just thought I'd write a quick note. I've been a big fan of the Mach 3 Turbo for my face, chest, and butt for years, and also the Venus Divine (for women) for body (pits, genitals, crack, and the most sensitive areas where I wanted to avoid nicks at all costs) shaving. I had tried the Mach 3 Power last year, but wasn't impressed and actually liked the Turbo better (blades lasted longer and fewer nicks).

Well, when the Fusion came out, I was pretty skeptical, but I decided to try one (the non-powered version since I didn't like the M3 Power).

I'm officially impressed. The Fusion seems to glide much smoother than even the Turbo, and I get less nicks and a closer shave with it. In fact, it worked so well on my face and chest, I decided (nervously) to try its five blades in place of the Divine on my sensitive spots, and it actually works better than the Divine as well. I'm not sure whether it's because the blades are closer or what, but it seems truly harder to nick yourself with this thing, and it seems to get more in one pass than either the Turbo or the Divine. So it's quicker and less dangerous.

This was my first use, so I can't attest to wear of the blades yet or to whether wear will make it more hazardous, but so far I'm really pleased and put both of the other razors in a drawer. I also haven't tried the sideburn trimmer yet, but I will after my next haircut to try and keep everything in check. It'll be great if I can just use this for everything. The handle is shaped a bit differently and takes a little getting used to, but I think that's just a matter of time.

Anyways, just in case anyone's interested or thinks this thing is a gimmick, I recommend you give it a try - it seems a definite improvement over an already great line of razors to me.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoover..I Luckily received one of their Free PROMO Fusion Razor's & Coupons in the Mail. Tried it. It was Good. I think the EXTRA Blade,doesn't make all that much sense?

Now I'm seeing what they want for the Blades! Even with my $2 off coupons NO THANKS! Razor Blades, Sunglass Frames etc have all become the Biggest Ripoff's of all time! Their Cost is just not justifiable! I will stick to Mach 3-Turbo... Good Enuff...LOL IMHO of course..

>Now I'm seeing what they want for the Blades! Even with my $2

>off coupons NO THANKS! Razor Blades, Sunglass Frames etc have

>all become the Biggest Ripoff's of all time! Their Cost is

>just not justifiable! I will stick to Mach 3-Turbo... Good

>Enuff...LOL IMHO of course..

Even the Turbo's price for the blades are high but do a good job and last longer than some other blades, hate to ask what the Fusion blades cost :D

When in doubt I whip it out :+

Guest zipperzone

>Good review!

>

>For general shaving I think the Fusion is great, but I still

>prefer the Mach 3 for some areas. The blades on the Fusion are

>just a tad too big, making it awkward for shaving in tight

>spots.

Well I think I will offer my services to Gillette to set up a Fusion testing clinic to determine just how good a job the Fusion will do on those hard-to-reach areas of the male anatomy. I should be able to do about 10 tests per day, if I really apply myself. After all, I think it's the least I can do in the furtherance of scientific research!

Guest msclonly

Shaving cream is as important for a close shave.

Yet, I am amazed that some of my close friends are still using stuff from 30-35 years ago, that comes in pressurized large cans and gives an airy lather, but weak on lubrication for the beard and skin

I have found The Body Shop had a great shaving cream in a tube and only a small pea or pearl size is needed for a much closer shave, wven with the older blades. They changed the base in the last year ot two and it is still good, but perhaps a bit less. convienient Sized tube for the travel kit.

Recently, I got samples of ARBONNE INTERNATIONAL Men's Facial Scrub and Shaving Cream. And they are a major improvement for a VERY close shave and VERY smooth skin after the shave. Unlike other shaving creams it works well in hard water. Lather is not necessary, but a thin layer is very lubricating to the beard for a VERY close shave.

The Mach3 was a major improvement over the previous models. Strange but I have been using used blades by accident with the Arbonne and getting many more shaves with them.

Haven't seen a need to break out the new Fusion shaver. Have wondered if there is a blade war going on with Schik, which has to give the WORST shaves, since their Injector Blade setup. Their last 4 blade copy of Gilette has to be the roughest WORST shave in my life. No wonder Gilette sued them for copying their shaveer. NOw we have the 5 blade shaver. So the shave wars continue with 'our shaver has more blades then yours'! With or without a battery!

:*

Sorry, I was truly unimpressed with the Gillette Fusion product. Everyone has a different beard. Some are heavy, some are light and what works for one isn't nescessarily good for the other. Also, as you age, men's beards and hair change the moment you start to get gray hair. The Fusion is difficult and slippery to hold when the handle gets wet. It gives a pretty good shave but the price does not warrant everyone rushing out to purchase it.

Shaving cream? Try Aramis's Lab Series For Men Maximum Comfort Shave Cream. Not cheap but it actually numbs your faces for a close, nick-free shave. Also recommended is Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel. That was recommened to me by my dermatologist.

There was a recent article, I think in the NY Times, about multi-blade products and the Fusion didn't rate very well.

This is a multi-billion dollar business!

>Sorry, I was truly unimpressed with the Gillette Fusion

>product. Everyone has a different beard. Some are heavy, some

>

>There was a recent article, I think in the NY Times, about

>multi-blade products and the Fusion didn't rate very well.

>

>This is a multi-billion dollar business!

I have not tired the Fusion and likely will not even give it consideration. I am pleased with the Turbo for now. Every few years they have to come out with new product to keep the sales volume up.

In a few weeks or months Schick will come out with a similar product. I recall from a Washington Post article a while back Gillette holds the patents on several of the multi-blade manufacturing processes and licenses them to Schick and other companies to avoid anti-trust issues. Consequently Gillette gets a percetage of the sales of the Schick version of their products.

>BUT Apparently the "Good Stuff" Now is not inexspensive!

Hmmm. Well I've fallen in love with The Art of Shaving's line of shaving creams that are used either modernly just rubbing it on or with a brush. It provides a GREAT shave w/o nicks or cuts. Most importantly I'ma magnet for razor burn and ingrown hairs and I get nothing with it on my face and rare if neveron the rest of my body. It's awesome. It has a light soap in it to cleanse your skin but intense moisturizers as well so you dont get that post soap smooth shiney look.

http://www.theartofshaving.com/taos/home.php

I've just started laser removal since I know that shaving twice a day is something I never want to do again in life so hopefully I wont NEED to buy it ever again. Each can lasts about four to five months. It's a great product and you get a lot for your money. Their entire line (including the pre-shave) is great too.

>Sort of like "most" of the Working Guy's these days! LOL :p :P

>:p

Really cute ... really really cute }(

Guest TNT Ted

I have a very heavy beard and have shaved nearly every day for the last fifty years. (And rarely, twice a day). Early on in this process I vowed to buy and try the latest and greatest shaving stuff whenever it became available. (Sure, much of it is marketing gimmickry, but we're not talking major bucks here).

Personally, I love the Fusion -- been using it for over six weeks -- probably the best shave ever (including the old barber shop shave). Blades last up to two weeks -- might even go longer. Frankly I don't even know the cost per blade, but my guess is that the cost per shave might not be much more than a dime. Oh, and I currently use my old standby - Edge Shaving Cream -- but after reading about these other products, I may try some.

RE: Kiehl's!

Kiehls makes GREAT products. It's good quality stuff at a pretty low price. Their 'Creme De Corps' body lotion is fantastic.

And no, this is not a paid advertisement :)

For shaving, i'm also using The Art of Shaving's shave cream, paired with their after-shave balm. Both work well together and have a really earthy lavender scent. Really relaxing to use. http://www.TheArtOfShaving.com

I'm also going to brag about Lush (http://www.Lush.com) products that are handmade and all-natural. In fact, their products are so fresh that they actually have expiration dates on them. The shampoo and conditioners use quite a bit of fresh fruit juices in them, while the body/face care stay pretty natural in what they mix into their creams. Lush is like what Origins used to be, before they started putting animal by-products into their mixes.

~BN

I too have been shaving w/ the Mach 3 for many years w/ Barbasol and tried the fusion w/ the vibrator. WOW. Also, I used to resent the price and frequency of changing blades then for some reason started to shave in the shower and now I change blades once every two months or so. Mostly, I change it just because I figure it's about time and not because it seems dull. I suspect that shaving in the shower softens the beard considerably and hence doesn't require as much of the blade. The vibrator thing is kind of fun too, whether it enhances the shave or not. I'll take a massage whenever and wherever I can get it.

>That was I who turned you on ... Kiehl's Rocks!

>...Hoover

(I knew that - I was just maintaining anonymity ;-).) And I thank you soooo much :D ... for turning me on }(. Ordering online is very convenient, too. I've tried other "flavors", but coriander is the best!

Thanks again, Hoover. :)

Guest TNT Ted

>Just reading about all the razors and creams made my head

>spin. I'm glad I'm "au naturel." Hairy cracks, pits, faces,

>torsos and limbs unite! Say it loud..."I'm a fucking hairy

>beast and I'm proud!" :p

Hairy parts are good, BUT ...... for those of us with less than huge endowments, when the pubes start to hide what nature gave us, it's time for some trimming.

Steven introduced me to Biotherm. It's a very "clean" fragrance, and after I smelled it on him, I was hooked and have been ever since. :)

One other shaving product that I use is Gillette Complete Skin Care Multi-Glide Shave Gel. It is much less expensive and works great for shaving in the shower. Great for travel, too, as it's in a tube and non-aerosol.

OLLIE, Kiehl's definitely is "The Original". They've been around since 1851...Many PRODUCT'S that are great. The Store is a Landmark in NYC...

Their Product's combined with a visit to the "New Nickel Men's Spa" on 14th St.. Formerly a Bank! That show's you where the Money really is, in Men's Grooming! LOL

Try it The next time your in town, it would be amazing for ya!

Tell them JT sent You! LOL

:p :P :p

Archived