13 Reasons

This topic is 2153 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I recently started watching Netflix and the first show I watched was 13 Reasons

I was surprised there wasn't a thread about this show, unless I did a bad search.

In any case, I am up to season 1 Episode 11 which is the big reveal episode but after binging the first 10, I am too tired and headed for bed.

Any other fans out there? I am surprised I have been drawn in this DeGrassi Afterdark show, but the acting is very good and the characters should be relatable to anyone who ever went to high school, even if the valedictorian or your high school was Fred Flintstone as was the case at my school. Shout out to the class of 3543 BC Let's go Sabertooths.

13 Reasons Why is the full title. I just looked up the description on Netflix and my first impression is it sounds pretty dark.

Well I would describe it as realistic. I think this is the high school experience many teens are having these days Acting is excellent and the web of intrigue is unavoidable once you step in. The payoff at the end of season 1 was predictable to a certain extent though I could have seen it going in two or three other directions. So far season two has not been as compelling but I have only watched the first two episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

So on your recommendation I just watched the first 4 episodes. I liked it and will continue watching. It is very well acted and the central actors slow enlightenment is interesting. It really is a mystery which I usually enjoy going all the way back to reading all the Sherlock Holmes stories and all of Agatha Christies books in my youth.

I am glad you are enjoying it. I finished season 2 and season 2 definitely got stronger but the singularity of vision of the first season was not there. In season 1 it relates to one persons visions of events. Season 2 expands the story but telling the viewpoints of other characters. That has the effect of proving there is always more you do not know. They do use a theatrical device to keep Hannah in the story in season two. If you buy that device, you will enjoy season 2 as much as season 1.