411 aidenward

Jostar
This topic is 893 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Asked me for 50% deposit up front for travel expenses to come to Jersey City from Brooklyn! ??? ummm.... it’s the same Metropolitan area. Uber I can understand. I passed. The whole exchange was polite and well mannered. I will give him that.

People who live in NYC need to get a grip and look at Google Maps.

Asked me for 50% deposit up front for travel expenses to come to Jersey City from Brooklyn! ??? ummm.... it’s the same Metropolitan area. Uber I can understand. I passed. The whole exchange was polite and well mannered. I will give him that.

Yes, it's the same "Metropolitan area", but emphasis on "area". Depending on where in Brooklyn you start, round trip from Brooklyn to Jersey city and back can take several hours.

Yes, it's the same "Metropolitan area", but emphasis on "area". Depending on where in Brooklyn you start, round trip from Brooklyn to Jersey city and back can take several hours.

Ummm.... even if that’s the case, it doesn’t merit a 50% deposit. And it is NOT the case: Uber one way can take 30 mins - 1 hour tops. Any way, I reject all such proposals because there are plenty of gents who are willing and do cross the Hudson for RT uber.

Ummm.... even if that’s the case, it doesn’t merit a 50% deposit. And it is NOT the case: Uber one way can take 30 mins - 1 hour tops. Any way, I reject all such proposals because there are plenty of gents who are willing and do cross the Hudson for RT uber.

Again, it depends on where in Brooklyn you start. I didn't mention, but should have, time of day. Traffic crossing town can double transport time by car, and the cross town public transit options aren't nearly as time-effective as the north-south options in Manhattan.

Again, it depends on where in Brooklyn you start. I didn't mention, but should have, time of day. Traffic crossing town can double transport time by car, and the cross town public transit options aren't nearly as time-effective as the north-south options in Manhattan.

Ok - I can’t help it if you if you live out in far out Brooklyn like in East New York. Or eastern Queens. Or out in the middle of the Ocean. If you live out there then it’s YOUR problem. Not mine.

From close-to-Manhattan Brooklyn, using Uber, it can take just as long to get to parts of Manhattan as to JC. Yet Brooklyn to anywhere in Manhattan is fine? No issues? No complaints? No extra requests or conditions

The problem is that NYC’ers are just prejudiced to points just across the Hudson. That’s really all it is. Even when it is just as easy or easier to get to. Seen it multiple times.

Ok - I can’t help it if you if you live out in far out Brooklyn like in East New York. Or eastern Queens. Or out in the middle of the Ocean. If you live out there then it’s YOUR problem. Not mine.

From close-to-Manhattan Brooklyn, using Uber, it can take just as long to get to parts of Manhattan as to JC. Yet Brooklyn to anywhere in Manhattan is fine? No issues? No complaints? No extra requests or conditions

The problem is that NYC’ers are just prejudiced to points just across the Hudson. That’s really all it is. Even when it is just as easy or easier to get to. Seen it multiple times.

Are you the one who contacted Aiden? We don't have enough information to know how far, how easy, or how long the transportation would be. We don't know from where in Brooklyn, or what time of day. We don't know how flexible the arrival/departure time would be. We don't know if it was to be a one or multi-hour meetup. All of these factors bear on whether a 50% deposit is truly unreasonable if he's being asked to meet a first time client.

According to Google Maps, from Pete Luger's (don't know where he is in Brooklyn, so just picked a spot) to Jersey City at 7 pm on a Fri takes ~1 hour. So 2+ hours round-trip with the risk of a flake since you're a 1st-time client.

Honestly, I think a 50% deposit is reasonable. And since a stand-up guy like @Kevin Slater vouches for him, I would gladly fork over the deposit. I mean, have you seen Aiden?? Zoinks!

According to Google Maps, from Pete Luger's (don't know where he is in Brooklyn, so just picked a spot) to Jersey City at 7 pm on a Fri takes ~1 hour. So 2+ hours round-trip with the risk of a flake since you're a 1st-time client.

Honestly, I think a 50% deposit is reasonable. And since a stand-up guy like @Kevin Slater vouches for him, I would gladly fork over the deposit. I mean, have you seen Aiden?? Zoinks!

Peter Luger's is Manhattan adjacent. It's just off of the bridge between Manhattan and the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn. From there to Jersey city is the shortest commute from Brooklyn to Jersey City.

• 1 year later...