Montreal late May-early June

Penn7
This topic is 2212 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I’m going back to Montreal for a much-needed vacation for almost a week at the end of May/start of June.

Is Lux still open? (I wasn’t impressed the one time I went, but things change.)

Do many of the hottest dancers at Campus still keep their pics off the website?

Any locals want to hit a club together some evening? (or afternoon, lol) I’m American but my français is decent. Mid-40s, often guessed younger, and a gym regular. (Not that anyone will confuse me for one of the dancers )

I’ve never been to Taboo since twinks aren’t really my thing, but if they have some muscle-y guys, I might have to check it out...

Of course I know to look at Stock’s website to see who’s dancing there these days :) Are the dancers more inhibited when you do the $10-per-song open-curtain thing? I’ve always gone for the $20 closed-curtain private dances lol

I will say that I generally prefer dancers who are gay or bi, if anyone has scuttlebutt on that point...

Aww, it left out my laughing emojis at the end. :-)

I’m going back to Montreal for a much-needed vacation for almost a week at the end of May/start of June.

Any locals want to hit a club together some evening? (or afternoon, lol) I’m American but my français is decent. Mid-40s, often guessed younger, and a gym regular. (Not that anyone will confuse me for one of the dancers )

I went to LUX last September, on my trip to Montreal. I agree that the overall selection then was terrible. However, the only reason I ever went in there in the first place was because I followed in after one of the Dancers that was waiting outside. He had a traditional French name, either Pierre or Phillip. He looked like one of the models from Squirtz or VideoBoys during it hay day. A mix between Shane Leblanc and young Pierre Fitch. I talked to him and he was very friendly.

Anyone know who I’m talking about? If he’s still working there, I’d go back just for him. Just like the last time, lol.

Also, was there even a place for lap dances? Hopefully there is now. I was new (still am) to the stripclub scene, so I never ask him for one:(.

I met one diamond-in-the-rough at Adonis/Lux years ago. Because of that, I always make an appearence there when I'm in Montreal.

Will lightning strike twice? Who knows.

I was reading another Montréal thread last night & some of you made the good point that “straight but open” dancers can be as much fun - or more - than gay or bi ones. So I guess what I really meant was: where are the friendly dancers these days / are there any dancers who are really hot-looking but not that fun or friendly?

I’ve never been to Taboo since twinks aren’t really my thing, but if they have some muscle-y guys, I might have to check it out...

Of course I know to look at Stock’s website to see who’s dancing there these days :) Are the dancers more inhibited when you do the $10-per-song open-curtain thing? I’ve always gone for the $20 closed-curtain private dances lol

I will say that I generally prefer dancers who are gay or bi, if anyone has scuttlebutt on that point...

How private is the Adonis lap dance area?

(I've been reading that several of the bars - except maybe Stock kept its curtains up in the back? - have made their private-dance areas less private because the city made them?)

I was reading another Montréal thread last night & some of you made the good point that “straight but open” dancers can be as much fun - or more - than gay or bi ones. So I guess what I really meant was: where are the friendly dancers these days / are there any dancers who are really hot-looking but not that fun or friendly?

Most dancers are 100% straight, and want to make money (earn an income), so of course they are going to be friendly

Most dancers are friendly and fun, especially pre-lap dance, but there are a couple of other circles in the Venn diagram of dancer behavior that you need to watch out for.

Some dancers can be aggresive or impatient when trying to get lap dances and this can be a problem for customers who don't know how to respond to that. Don't say, "Maybe later." Just be polite and say , "No, thanks."

Later, once you've agreed to a lap dance, it's not uncommon to find that you're not hitting it off with the dancer. Perhaps the lap dance is not what you expected, the dancer is having a bad night, or the chemistry is just not there. Don't let this ruin your night, and don't waste money and mental energy trying to correct it. Just end the dance at the end of the song, thank them, and move on.

p.s. It's definitely possible to turn both of these situations around, but that is an advanced topic for a later class. :)

Edited by Hoover42

It’s reopened as Bar l’Adonis. It has a Facebook page. And I emailed them to ask how much private dances are - they said $15 a song, same as Taboo.

Hasn't Adonis/Lux been closed for some time?

Any names in particular who stand out? :)

when you go to MTL, just go to each of the clubs that interest you, sit with a drink for a bit, and spend time just getting a feel for the place.....dancers may come by to drum up business...if so, be polite, chat a very short while, and, if they don't appeal to you, politely say you're going to relax with your drink for a while.....

the best way to find dudes who you like is to be there in person, watch the entertainers rotate thru for a while, then zero in on the ones who appeal......catch their eye and/or walk up to them, smile and say something like "you look great tonight" and let the negotiations commence!......

by the way, stay in control in the privates area: ask how many songs have gone by, tell them when you want to stop, be respectful and polite, have fun and smile.......

if you haven't already, check out the numerous other threads with hints and protocol for Montreal!

That sounds like it could be a fun class :)

Most dancers are friendly and fun, especially pre-lap dance, but there are a couple of other circles in the Venn diagram of dancer behavior that you need to watch out for.

Some dancers can be aggresive or impatient when trying to get lap dances and this can be a problem for customers who don't know how to respond to that. Don't say, "Maybe later." Just be polite and say , "No, thanks."

Later, once you've agreed to a lap dance, it's not uncommon to find that you're not hitting it off with the dancer. Perhaps the lap dance is not what you expected, the dancer is having a bad night, or the chemistry is just not there. Don't let this ruin your night, and don't waste money and mental energy trying to correct it. Just end the dance at the end of the song, thank them, and move on.

p.s. It's definitely possible to turn both of these situations around, but that is an advanced topic for a later class. :)

This thread's getting me psyched... I'm heading up in a few weeks. Like a few of you, I always check out Lux/Adonis/JP/whatever it's called that particular year, just because of that roll of the dice feeling you get when you walk in. The private dance area is far better than Campus or Taboo. (I'm sure Stock's is nice... but I'm not a big muscle guy.) It's usually the most comfortable bar to chill and be close to the action. There's no comfortable seating at Taboo... plus no private area for dances. And Campus you feel disconnected unless you're in the front row... where you almost feel like you're intruding. Many nights at Lux were duds, but a few times you'd hit the jackpot.

For anyone who's been to Adonis, is it mostly twinks like Adonis used to be? I can't imagine they'd go that route since Taboo is there... unless they're trying to outdo Taboo.

This thread's getting me psyched... I'm heading up in a few weeks. Like a few of you, I always check out Lux/Adonis/JP/whatever it's called that particular year, just because of that roll of the dice feeling you get when you walk in. The private dance area is far better than Campus or Taboo. (I'm sure Stock's is nice... but I'm not a big muscle guy.) It's usually the most comfortable bar to chill and be close to the action. There's no comfortable seating at Taboo... plus no private area for dances. And Campus you feel disconnected unless you're in the front row... where you almost feel like you're intruding. Many nights at Lux were duds, but a few times you'd hit the jackpot.

For anyone who's been to Adonis, is it mostly twinks like Adonis used to be? I can't imagine they'd go that route since Taboo is there... unless they're trying to outdo Taboo.

'out doing' Taboo ... not much of a mission from what I saw last Fall. I'm not saying don't go, go and see what you think, but other than a poking my head in (definitely not a metaphor) the door, I wouldn't spend much time there.