Feedback From My Masseurs: Business Is Tanking

Dmitri
This topic is 2217 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have had 4 massages over the past 3 weeks on business trips, and the complaint I heard from all 4 masseurs is their massage business is plummeting because of changes at Masseurfinder and MassageM4M. I tend to hire more muscular masseurs, and since they can't be shirtless now, and have to cover up, their massage volume has dropped. They can't display their assets, and we all have to admit we like a good massage, but the hot body pics got our attention in the past. All 4 said it has cut their business by at least 50%. They also think there is less traffic at these sites now because of the changes, and clients are turned off and not going to the sites. What has the feedback been from your masseurs re: the SESTA/FOSTA effect, and the changes on photos, etc. on their massage business? I feel bad for these guys.

Edited by Dmitri

I cannot share feedback from masseurs because I haven't hired anyone within the past month, but here is my issue:

In the past, it was already somewhat risky to have to read in between the lines about how erotic a massage might be. Just because a guy had half naked photos didn't mean the massage would be particularly erotic. Just because a guy had higher than therapeutic massage rates didn't mean the massage would be erotic. Just because a guy chose to put an ad in the "sensual" category on MF didn't mean the massage would be anything more than therapeutic. With the changes to MF (mixing therapeutic and sensual, censoring ads, and not displaying phone numbers between midnight and 6am) I wouldn't be inclined to hire anyone off that site. At least Rentmasseur still has useful ads, but I get the impression that far fewer clients know about that website.

I cannot share feedback from masseurs because I haven't hired anyone within the past month, but here is my issue:

In the past, it was already somewhat risky to have to read in between the lines about how erotic a massage might be. Just because a guy had half naked photos didn't mean the massage would be particularly erotic. Just because a guy had higher than therapeutic massage rates didn't mean the massage would be erotic. Just because a guy chose to put an ad in the "sensual" category on MF didn't mean the massage would be anything more than therapeutic. With the changes to MF (mixing therapeutic and sensual, censoring ads, and not displaying phone numbers between midnight and 6am) I wouldn't be inclined to hire anyone off that site. At least Rentmasseur still has useful ads, but I get the impression that far fewer clients know about that website.

Hold on. When you contact the masseur just ASK THEM! I always say this is what I want UP FRONT BEFORE I CONFIRM: both of us nude, a good massage(the massage is the thing), I prefer a table, I like sensual/erotic elements. I never, ever mention HE and never ask for one. If it happens it happens but its not a requirement plus the "both of us nude" implies the possibility of a HE. Tell him what you want. You are the client, not him, ask!

Hold on. When you contact the masseur just ASK THEM! I always say this is what I want UP FRONT BEFORE I CONFIRM: both of us nude, a good massage(the massage is the thing), I prefer a table, I like sensual/erotic elements. I never, ever mention HE and never ask for one. If it happens it happens but its not a requirement plus the "both of us nude" implies the possibility of a HE. Tell him what you want. You are the client, not him, ask!

I am not saying that I don't ask for details. What I am saying is that not being able to say much or show much about the services being offered has surely reduced traffic to guys' ads.