Myanmar?

g56whiz
This topic is 2101 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On Facebook I somehow befriended a young stud from Myanmar. I’m a curmudgeon who’s new to that platform. Thru this “friend” I’ve been befriended by a rash of hot muscular Burmese guys. It looks like what Thailand may have been in the old days.

Does anyone have experience traveling in Myanmar and dealing with the boys there?

it's a fascinating place. No experience dealing with the boys as you put it, but in general I found the people there to be very hospitable just like everywhere else in SE Asia. (Unless you're a "Bengali" I suppose...) I actually visited the west (Arakan/Rakhine) a few months before everything went to hell and met a really sweet group of college boys who wanted to practice their English on me. My gaydar pinged pretty hard but it's possible they were just being nice. Unfortunately I only got to spend a little time with them before I had to leave for the airport.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Spent 2 weeks in Myranmar - lovely. Go for the culture and the scenery - not the gay scene - very limited.

Not as gay as Thailand, Vietnam or Laos. The spa facilities are much more modest. b2b massages available, especially in Mandalay, but don’t expect skill. It’s still heavily controlled by the military.