Six Feet Under

foxy
This topic is 2218 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Recently I had the pleasure of seeing Lauren Ambrose in the revival of My Fair Lady. I was happily surprised at how beautifully she sings. I was sitting in the first row of the orchestra so was quite close to her at times. I thought how very young she looks for 40 years old.

Curious I started rewatching Six Feet Under just to see how she’s changed. She hasn’t. She was 23 when she did that show. She looks exactly the same.

In 2014 I saw Michael C. Hall in the revival of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I was surprised that Hall could take on such a difficult singing role. I thought he was as good or even better than Neil Patrick Harris who I had seen a few months before as Hedwig.

So what started as curiosity about the stars of Six Feet Under has turned into binge watching the entire series over again. I think it’s possibky the best series ever created by HBO. It’s so well written. I find myself laughing so hard and then a few minutes later my eyes are so filled with tears I have to stop watching to pull myself together. A truly brilliant show.

I loved Brenda's character in the first season. She started out as this grown prodigy with a superior intellect, always thinking a few steps ahead of everyone around her. Unfortunately Brenda devolved into someone who made impulsive choices and would come to regret them, and who would brood and sulk when life treated her poorly.

Mathew St. Patrick as Keith was my favorite bit of eye candy. I loved to watch all of his passionate scenes and especially shirtless scenes. Aside from an "anger management" subplot that came and went, I thought that his character was very well developed. There was an unexplored storyline where Bobby Cannavale played Javier, who was working with Keith as part of a security detail for a celebrity pop singer. Straight Javier would bust Keith's chops about gay sex in a way that made you think he was curious, flirting, or fishing. I thought for sure it would play out into something hot, and a bit strange. Instead they had Keith get seduced by the female pop star and get fired for it, which I found to be one of the more annoying developments of the entire series. I read an interview where Allan Ball said that he made a mistake casting St. Patrick because he was too good-looking.

The final episode was beautiful and overwhelming, for me.

I loved Brenda's character in the first season. She started out as this grown prodigy with a superior intellect, always thinking a few steps ahead of everyone around her. Unfortunately Brenda devolved into someone who made impulsive choices and would come to regret them, and who would brood and sulk when life treated her poorly.

Even so, I still like Brenda. especially in the final season.

I loved Brenda's character in the first season. She started out as this grown prodigy with a superior intellect, always thinking a few steps ahead of everyone around her. Unfortunately Brenda devolved into someone who made impulsive choices and would come to regret them, and who would brood and sulk when life treated her poorly

Brenda's relationship with Nate was heartbreaking.

Recently I had the pleasure of seeing Lauren Ambrose in the revival of My Fair Lady. I was happily surprised at how beautifully she sings. I was sitting in the first row of the orchestra so was quite close to her at times. I thought how very young she looks for 40 years old.

Curious I started rewatching Six Feet Under just to see how she’s changed. She hasn’t. She was 23 when she did that show. She looks exactly the same.

In 2014 I saw Michael C. Hall in the revival of Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I was surprised that Hall could take on such a difficult singing role. I thought he was as good or even better than Neil Patrick Harris who I had seen a few months before as Hedwig.

So what started as curiosity about the stars of Six Feet Under has turned into binge watching the entire series over again. I think it’s possibky the best series ever created by HBO. It’s so well written. I find myself laughing so hard and then a few minutes later my eyes are so filled with tears I have to stop watching to pull myself together. A truly brilliant show.

Lauren Ambrose was set to star in a Broadway revival of Funny Girl a few seasons ago, but the financing fell through.