Another failed appointment

MassageDrew
This topic is 2248 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It never gets easy does it? Having to deal with failed massage appointments. I had an appointment today. Initially it was set for 2 in the afternoon but we discussed moving it earlier two days ago to later in the morning.

As I was driving to the appointment I received a text aske if we could schedule it later in the afternoon like 3 pm. I couldn’t as I have prior engagement with friends. So he said the morning appointment is fine. 10 minutes later he texted again asking if we could do it at 1pm. I said sure as I’d have enough time after to meet with my friends.

I arrived a few minutes earlier and he said he’s finishing up and to give him a few minutes to get ready. I indicated that I’ll wait in the lobby and to let me know when to come up. 40 minutes passed and no word. I’m pissed at this point. I told him I’m going home.

He apologized and gave me some excuse about his dog. That’s fine and I’m sorry of the dog is not doing okay or something but let me know. Not keeping me in the loop is not nice and not a proper etiquette for a service provider. I’d be more understanding if he texted me that he needed more time. Instead he decided to not say anything and only responded after I texted him that I’m leaving.

He did so many things wrong. He changed the schedule last minute. He could’ve called me an hour or two before. He gave me last minute notice while I was on the way. Made me wait over half an hour past the appointment schedule. And not keeping me in the loop. Then he asked what I was doing after my time with freinds. I’m hangoing out with then all night so there’s no room late appointments. And at this point, I’m not booking another appointment with his masseur. I don’t give second chances.

Pardon me for not posting a link as I’m sure he’s still a nice guy, and others may still fare better than I. But I’d provide it if you decide to PM me.

It never gets easy does it? Having to deal with failed massage appointments. I had an appointment today. Initially it was set for 2 in the afternoon but we discussed moving it earlier two days ago to later in the morning.

As I was driving to the appointment I received a text aske if we could schedule it later in the afternoon like 3 pm. I couldn’t as I have prior engagement with friends. So he said the morning appointment is fine. 10 minutes later he texted again asking if we could do it at 1pm. I said sure as I’d have enough time after to meet with my friends.

I arrived a few minutes earlier and he said he’s finishing up and to give him a few minutes to get ready. I indicated that I’ll wait in the lobby and to let me know when to come up. 40 minutes passed and no word. I’m pissed at this point. I told him I’m going home.

He apologized and gave me some excuse about his dog. That’s fine and I’m sorry of the dog is not doing okay or something but let me know. Not keeping me in the loop is not nice and not a proper etiquette for a service provider. I’d be more understanding if he texted me that he needed more time. Instead he decided to not say anything and only responded after I texted him that I’m leaving.

He did so many things wrong. He changed the schedule last minute. He could’ve called me an hour or two before. He gave me last minute notice while I was on the way. Made me wait over half an hour past the appointment schedule. And not keeping me in the loop. Then he asked what I was doing after my time with freinds. I’m hangoing out with then all night so there’s no room late appointments. And at this point, I’m not booking another appointment with his masseur. I don’t give second chances.

Pardon me for not posting a link as I’m sure he’s still a nice guy, and others may still fare better than I. But I’d provide it if you decide to PM me.

I think you are entirely correct, the issue is not the cancellation, it's the communication.

Definitely sounds like a big mix up. Btw I thought massage drew was a masseur, but sounds like he's a client?

Sounds like he had other stuff going on. Typical gay drama that happens when trying to meet someone. I deal with it all the time, but sometimes the person who is guilty of being inconsistent wants to place blame. They're the ones who are flakes, but then they try to make like YOU'RE the flake:

Like last week, one guy (non-client) tried to flake on me claiming I was taking too long. Barely 30 minutes passed after he said come over. Even though he lives right across the street pretty much, I still had to shower, etc. When I got there, he's already with the attitude saying I took so long. I said, would you have made it to me faster? NO. So STFU

For sure. I’m definitely more relieved that it didn’t happen. I do feel, after sleeping over it, that I did dodged a bullet

Based on this, (and the "I don't give second chances" comment in your original post) may I make the assumption that it was a first time meet? Sorry to hear that your Saturday was filled with more drama than a Jersey Shore reboot....

Based on this, (and the "I don't give second chances" comment in your original post) may I make the assumption that it was a first time meet? Sorry to hear that your Saturday was filled with more drama than a Jersey Shore reboot....

HAHA yes it was a first appointment. In his ad he claimed to be a former client and understands what clients need. Clearly not.