Masseurfinder

This topic is 2177 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contact information is not displayed on listings from midnight to 6 a.m. (according to the clock on a visitor’s device) to discourage inquires for prohibited services.

Masseurfinder Customer Support

WTF....

So I just tried changing my phone clock forwards and backwards and if it’s past midnight you can change your phone clock to an earlier time zone and the info reappears. Of course I would never call or text a masseur that late anyway but this is crazy.

WTF.... I had 58 reviews now I am down to 8... All of my text is gone. This is BS.. at least announce the changes.

Strange... after reading this forum... and mind you it is 1:20am, I went to MF and there is NO CONTACT INFO for anyone. Stranger that they did not notify the masseurs either of the change, since they are the clients of the website.

So I just tried changing my phone clock forwards and backwards and if it’s past midnight you can change your phone clock to an earlier time zone and the info reappears. Of course I would never call or text a masseur that late anyway but this is crazy.

got it... didn't read down far enough.

Are you Ben the masseur in Miami?? (huge fan here sir, if you are)

Contact information is not displayed on listings from midnight to 6 a.m. (according to the clock on a visitor’s device) to discourage inquires for prohibited services.

Masseurfinder Customer Support

WTF....

This is SO WRONG on SO MANY FRONTS for the following reasons:

1) A masseur who advertises on Masseurfinder should be able to choose the hours they work. NOT Masseurfinder choosing those hours. If a masseur's niche clientele are business travelers from other countries who arrive on red eye flights from overseas between 12 midnite-6am, not displaying the masseur's contact info makes them lose business. They are discriminating against that masseur and client, and making an assumption something illegal will occur, (money for sex.) This is insulting to the client and masseur, and essentially telling both that they do not trust them to keep it legal. If that is the case, it is just as likely something illegal will happen during the day, so what does this say about MF and their trust in their advertisers?

2) MANY people work late hours and get off work late (restaurant workers, bartenders, etc.) A masseur who chooses to work late and displays the "Available Now"icon will now have no contact info for these clients to contact them. I think masseurs who choose to work between 12 Midnite-6am to serve clients who work late hours should be applauded, not penalized!

3) There are 24 hours in a day. By eliminating 6 of those hours by deleting contact info between 12 Midnite-6am......that means that advertisers who were getting 100% coverage of their ads are now getting only 75% coverage, and are still paying the same price for their ads. Huh? That's not fair! Masseurs should contact MF and alert them to this fact, and their advertising fees should be cut 25% to reflect this new rule.

4) And of course the final and most WRONG thing about this is that it is just plain STUPID. They are getting so fucking nit picky, that this is bizarre! Doesn't the staff at MF have anything better to do with their time than waste their energy on insane ideas such as this? I understand the Rentboy scandal and SESTA/FOSTA, but even the feds and law enforcement would find this new rule as a HUGE overeaction!

Edited by Dmitri

What sucks is they have my balls in a vice. I am known to speak my mind but they could permanently ban me if I question them to much. I know two guys that were banned for life.

1) A masseur who advertises on Masseurfinder should be able to choose the hours they work. NOT Masseurfinder choosing those hours. If a masseur's niche clientele are business travelers from other countries who arrive on red eye flights from overseas between 12 midnite-6am, not displaying the masseur's contact info makes them lose business. They are discriminating against that masseur and client, and making an assumption something illegal will occur, (money for sex.) This is insulting to the client and masseur, and essentially telling both that they do not trust them to keep it legal. If that is the case, it is just as likely something illegal will happen during the day, so what does this say about MF and their trust in their advertisers?

2) MANY people work late hours and get off work late (restaurant workers, bartenders, etc.) A masseur who chooses to work late and displays the "Available Now"icon will now have no contact info for these clients to contact them. I think masseurs who choose to work between 12 Midnite-6am to serve clients who work late hours should be applauded, not penalized!

3) There are 24 hours in a day. By eliminating 6 of those hours by deleting contact info between 12 Midnite-6am......that means that advertisers who were getting 100% coverage of their ads are now getting only 75% coverage, and are still paying the same price for their ads. Huh? That's not fair! Masseurs should contact MF and alert them to this fact, and their advertising fees should be cut 25% to reflect this new rule.

4) And of course the final and most WRONG thing about this is that it is just plain STUPID. They are getting so fucking nit picky, that this is bizarre! Doesn't the staff at MF have anything better to do with their time than waste their energy on insane ideas such as this? I understand the Rentboy scandal and SESTA/FOSTA, but even the feds and law enforcement would find this new rule as a HUGE overeaction!

@Daniel84 , you are correct. All masseurs are now at the mercy of Masseurfinder, MassageM4M, etc. There was a time in the past when they treated you guys with respect, valued your business, communicated with you about any changes, etc. Now they just don't care, and will drop your ad and account, and ban you from their site if you irritate them in anyway, questioning any changes they make...even if some of those changes make NO SENSE at all. Yes, some of their changes are valid to cover their ass....while others make NO SENSE . Sorry for you and the others, but at the end of the day you have to just live with their mistreatment, since they are the only places to advertise :(

Perhaps you should start your own website for masseurs to advertise on and give them free reign :rolleyes:

Both the no-shirtless photos rule ( you can still have tank tops!) and the no contacts visible 12-6am rule (you can write them down other times) are bizarre.

But look, if silly rules like that keep MF alive online while RM disappears, it would be worth all the silly rules they can think of.

Totally agree. The only things that don't make sense is when they make a silly no contacts visible rule 12am-6am......but keep the red flag things going, such as masseurs charging $160/hr for a Therapeutic Massage (?)......masseurs posting 10-12 photos in their ads (legit sites would only have 1 face shot, not 10 full body pic shots so you can check them out).....and having all the masseurs use "stage names"....not their real names on their credit cards which they pay their MF fees with. These are the red flags that would never hold up in court.

Edited by Dmitri

Guest Elendil524
Both the no-shirtless photos rule ( you can still have tank tops!) and the no contacts visible 12-6am rule (you can write them down other times) are bizarre.

But look, if silly rules like that keep MF alive online while RM disappears, it would be worth all the silly rules they can think of.

At the end of the day the problem isn't just the silly/bizarre rules... it's how they're rolling it out.

I agree that It's "worth it" in the end if it helps the site survive... but the changes are being sprung on masseurs just like they're being sprung on clients! Providers are paying to advertise on the site. While I'm sure they've covered changes to the advertising service as part of the terms of service, things like eliminating contact information between certain hours creates a fundamental shift in the product the masseur is purchasing!

Have you seen the latest change? When you click on a masseur's link, the following disclaimer pops up:

"It is strictly prohibited to contact Masseurfinder advertisers for any purpose other than booking or inquiring about professional massage therapy services."

You then have to accept it to go to the masseur's page. Not a huge deal, but not really necessary in my book.

Have you seen the latest change? When you click on a masseur's link, the following disclaimer pops up:

"It is strictly prohibited to contact Masseurfinder advertisers for any purpose other than booking or inquiring about professional massage therapy services."

You then have to accept it to go to the masseur's page. Not a huge deal, but not really necessary in my book.

hahahaha Next they'll make the guys wear ties and the clients list ailments. If this saves MF while all the others go down great. But right now the others, especially RentMen, are still showing the product as nude sex meat on the hoof and their providers are paying about the same as MF for probably a lot more business. Long-term it may be a good legal strategy but short-term how do they plan to compete? I'm seeing listings on MF dropping a lot already. MF needs to drop their fees a lot until the competition eases up.

hahahaha Next they'll make the guys wear ties and the clients list ailments. If this saves MF while all the others go down great. But right now the others, especially RentMen, are still showing the product as nude sex meat on the hoof and their providers are paying about the same as MF for probably a lot more business. Long-term it may be a good legal strategy but short-term how do they plan to compete? I'm seeing listings on MF dropping a lot already. MF needs to drop their fees a lot until the competition eases up.

I have noticed that listings have dropped off. Interestingly enough, it appears that Massagem4m listings are coming back. I usually check the Philly listings. Over the past few months, they only had 8-9 listings for that city; it's now up to about 15. Not sure why, as they seem to be as restrictive as MF.