Why all these masseur don’t go to massage school?

7829V
This topic is 2250 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am wondering why all these masseurs that clearly are not trained and have no clue of what a massage is don’t attend some workshops or short courses on how to do a proper massage? Not asking for a full certification. Just some basic knowledge to be better at what they do. Aren’t they embarrassed of the mediocre massages they provide? I know we all like the extras, that’s why we are here, but some of them cannot even save the session with the extras.

I am wondering why all these masseurs that clearly are not trained and have no clue of what a massage is don’t attend some workshops or short courses on how to do a proper massage? Not asking for a full certification. Just some basic knowledge to be better at what they do. Aren’t they embarrassed of the mediocre massages they provide? I know we all like the extras, that’s why we are here, but some of them cannot even save the session with the extras.

Unfortunately they don’t have to. The masseurs on MF and M4M get a large portion of clients based on their looks alone. They also probably see a large number of businessmen/visitors who don’t repeat.

If you didn’t have a college degree but I offered you a job to make $100-$150 per hour, would you go out of your way to go to college?

Unfortunately they don’t have to. The masseurs on MF and M4M get a large portion of clients based on their looks alone. They also probably see a large number of businessmen/visitors who don’t repeat.

If you didn’t have a college degree but I offered you a job to make $100-$150 per hour, would you go out of your way to go to college?

I’m not talking about college. Just a workshop. A few weeks max. Personally I’d feel embarrassed to be offering massages and having no clue on how to give one. Even if I knew that my looks were the selling point.

Guys who go to massage school do so to be licensed. When that happens, it greatly legally restricts what you are able to then do. My favorite masseurs are not registered for a reason. If I'm looking for a professional massage, I have my go-to men for that purpose, also.

Yeah. I’m not asking them to get a license. Just a simple workshop to have a clue on what they are doing. License takes thousand of hours of practice. :(

You ask a wise and fair question. I think fratphysicals is onto something with his response. Which leads me to this suggestion: If we all were to stop hiring “masseurs” who have no training perhaps they would be inspired to learn a little. Then again, maybe not. I try to go to therapists who say they have some training and have skills that have been positively evaluated here.

Massage school is just like any school -- you have to put in the time and effort.

A lot of younger masseurs who don't have the time, focus, or money for college probably won't have them for massage school either.

I had a massage recently from a great-looking guy who immediately after told me he was going to use the cash to get high.

Guys who go to massage school do so to be licensed. When that happens, it greatly legally restricts what you are able to then do. My favorite masseurs are not registered for a reason. If I'm looking for a professional massage, I have my go-to men for that purpose, also.

Actually, the guy I go to went to school and is certified but never got licensed. He gives a great technical massage and is also sexy and sensual too. So you definitely can learn without being restricted

As mentioned, gay massage on the gay massage websites such as Masseurfinder and MassageM4m is based first on what you look like....and second on your massage skills. We all like the eye candy and most of us (not all) hire on looks first. The majority of hot guys will probably not bother going to massage school, and cruise through on their looks. But of course there are many that are hot AND give a great massage. The best way to protect yourself,@7829V, since you can't make them all go to massage school or get training, is to vet them before hiring. Go with the ones listed as Certified Massage Therapists.....and when you make your appointment, ask if they are Certified or have training, and how many years they have done massage. (important not to hire a newbie if you want true talent) Those of us who have hired for a while can tell the flakes from the talented masseurs by how they present themselves in their online ad, and how they present themselves when we make the appointment.

Massage school is just like any school -- you have to put in the time and effort.

A lot of younger masseurs who don't have the time, focus, or money for college probably won't have them for massage school either.

I had a massage recently from a great-looking guy who immediately after told me he was going to use the cash to get high.

Wow at least he was honest to let you know what he will be using the money for

You ask a wise and fair question. I think fratphysicals is onto something with his response. Which leads me to this suggestion: If we all were to stop hiring “masseurs” who have no training perhaps they would be inspired to learn a little. Then again, maybe not. I try to go to therapists who say they have some training and have skills that have been positively evaluated here.

Yeah, and it clearly shows when a guy is not certified, but makes an extra effort and might have seen a few YouTube videos on how to do a massage. I've had great massages from non certified guys. But others... it's a joke what they are doing. I'll be forever thankful to this forum for their guidance and advice when picking masseurs.

On the other hand, two of the best masseurs I have enjoyed had no formal training, but just instinctively know how to locate and treat the tightest muscles. I think a good masseur has to be initially gifted-with or without training.

That being said, good massage schools instruct more than just anatomy and modalities.

I usually prefer CMTs because they can address my needs, pain points (literally).

I go for the full package: skill, intuition, then looks -- in that order.

That being said, good massage schools instruct more than just anatomy and modalities.

I usually prefer CMTs because they can address my needs, pain points (literally).

I go for the full package: skill, intuition, then looks -- in that order.

Yes, but my point was that two of the best masseurs (ie the actual massage, pain relieving part-not the fun part) were not from schools. I also go for the full package, it is just sometimes a certificate in massage doesn't automatically guarantee the best massage, as with all thing relating to the body, a certain amount of intuition makes the difference.