Bare Chest Calendar

nate_sf
This topic is 2268 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

http://www.natebeck.us/BCC2019.jpg

Some of you may be familiar with the Bare Chest Calendar here in San Francisco. It’s become an institution of sorts, and is now in its 35th year. Though the men in the calendar are a big part of the attraction, it is at its heart a fundraiser. The calendar and its events exist for one purpose: to raise funds to support the AIDS Emergency Fund (AEF) and Positive Resource Center. PRC and AEF support people with HIV on many fronts, including job retraining, benefits counseling, and emergency grants. I have friends and family who have utilized the services of these organizations, and can speak from experience of the great things they do and the huge impact they have on people’s lives.

This year is the 35th edition of the calendar, and the final print version. With that in mind, I've decided to take the plunge and compete for the 2019 team. It's something I've always wanted to do but never mustered up the courage to pursue, until now.

I'm inviting members of the forum here to join me on this journey and support this great cause. There are a couple of ways to do this:

• Come join me on March 15th for my "Prelim" competition at the Powerhouse bar. This is the first chance for the guys to compete, selling raffle tickets, grabbing crotches (with permission of course), answering embarrassing questions on stage, and of course stripping off their shirts. If you're here in the Bay Area, please join me as these things are really fun and entertaining. And for what it's worth, I'll have a tab open at the bar. The event starts at 8 pm and goes to about 10:00.

• Since this is a fundraiser, I've set up a gofundme page to start raising funds for the cause. The goal for each guy is to raise $300 for the Prelim, either before the event or by the end. Small contributions are welcome - the point is to get the ball rolling. Here is the link to the page: www.gofundme.com/nate-barechestcalendar.

Thanks for reading this far. I hope you'll join me on this journey and support this great cause!