Roommate moving. Should I feel something?

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2278 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about:

There are no mandatory feelings. Feel what you feel, or not, and accept it.

What's the alternative? Force yourself to feel something because you feel that you should/need to feel something?

They're your feelings, not an exercise at the high school for performing arts. Trying to feel what you don't feel naturally will only leave you with the feeling that the bullshit is absurd.

Yes this is not Mr. Karp's class:

Galladaesquire - you are a wonderful person. Just to hear what he/she has managed to accomplish while you fit the bill for living expenses for the 4 years you were together is a testament to your kindness and good nature. He/she should be forever grateful to you. Since it seems that you both had apparently gotten along over the years, the departure is bittersweet. However, you will adjust with time and will find other things to fill the void. Freshen up the house a bit, make a few changes and celebrate your independence. You certainly have nothing to feel guilty about. I should only find such a generous friend. Be well and take care of yourself. All the best to YOU!

Galladaesquire - you are a wonderful person. Just to hear what he/she has managed to accomplish while you fit the bill for living expenses for the 4 years you were together is a testament to your kindness and good nature. He/she should be forever grateful to you. Since it seems that you both had apparently gotten along over the years, the departure is bittersweet. However, you will adjust with time and will find other things to fill the void. Freshen up the house a bit, make a few changes and celebrate your independence. You certainly have nothing to feel guilty about. I should only find such a generous friend. Be well and take care of yourself. All the best to YOU!

Thank you for your kind words. She just drove off … I couldn’t bear to watch the truck pull away. Five years ago, I inherited a cat from her ex-lover, and now she’s gone.

I have no idea if anyone is still reading this. I'm a bit better now.

She left 11 bags of clothes/cd's/books for a second hand store, and I realized she was throwing her old, "male" self out. Unfortunately, I feel a little like I'm being discarded, too. I still get teary eyed, but its under much better control.

And interestingly, she left me NO forwarding address.

I have no idea if anyone is still reading this. I'm a bit better now.

Glad you are feeling better.

She left 11 bags of clothes/cd's/books for a second hand store, and I realized she was throwing her old, "male" self out. Unfortunately, I feel a little like I'm being discarded, too. I still get teary eyed, but its under much better control.

I really admire what you have done for her. She got her life back in order, and you were a huge part of that.

Ouch! Maybe you remind her too much of what she was when she met you.

Still that is very rough on you, and I would say it is going too far.

Glad you are feeling better.

Ouch! Maybe you remind her too much of what she was when she met you.

Still that is very rough on you, and I would say it is going too far.

They left with a great fury. It was mostly oversight. When I get the stuff she left together for her (just some odds and ends), I'll get it sent to her.

That seems pretty cold to me. The only possible extenuating circumstance I can think might be is that you are a reminder of her being born male. And she is trying to put that life behind her. In which case it’s something she needs to do for her own mental health. I’m sorry you are caught up in that.

Gman