Swedish Olympic Curling Team

Reisr30
This topic is 2280 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Uh, I am not getting curling but I’m finding the Swedish team attractive and specially Oskar Eriksson who I think is really hot :)

Sorry about posting links; Couldn’t figure out how to post photo :(

http://www.curling.ca/2015worldmen-en/2015/03/20/edin-back-with-a-new-supporting-cast/

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/game-time/results/OWG2018/en/curling/athlete-profile-ncurmteam4-swe01-sweden.htm

Uh, I am not getting curling but I’m finding the Swedish team attractive and specially Oskar Eriksson who I think is really hot :)

Sorry about posting links; Couldn’t figure out how to post photo :(

http://www.curling.ca/2015worldmen-en/2015/03/20/edin-back-with-a-new-supporting-cast/

https://www.pyeongchang2018.com/en/game-time/results/OWG2018/en/curling/athlete-profile-ncurmteam4-swe01-sweden.htm

Okey dokey-a bit of Internet tutoring. I only know a little. So if someone else corrects me, there’s a good chance you should believe them.

When you are building a webpage that has a picture in it, unless the picture is the only thing, you are actually adding a link for the picture to the webpage. The software that forms the webpage then shows the picture rather than the link. The links to pictures usually end in something like .jpg or .tiff

There are several other picture formats that most webpage making software can use.

If you are using a mouse and computer-with a windows computer-you should be able to right click over the picture. And the link to the picture should show up. Once you see it you can copy it. On an Apple computer I think you can roll the arrow over it and the link should show up-at which point you can copy it through however you normally copy things on an Apple. (I’ve forgotten exactly how).

If you have an iPad/iphone it depends on what browser you are using. For example if I look at a webpage with a picture using Safari and hold my my finger over it, a box usually pops up and says ‘Copy Picture’ which will add the picture to my Camera Roll. That’s not what I want. If I use Chrome, by holding my finger on the picture, a box will pop and say ‘Open Image’. That way the picture will open in a browser window. (sometimes Safari will let you actually find the picture address. But I have better luck with Chrome)

Once it does that you will have the address/link for the picture in the address box of the web browser. It will again end most likely in .gif, .jpg, .tiff or numerous others.

The important thing is the picture address. Once you find it an copy it, you can use the Image Function on the Forum Software. You paste the Image address in the box that pops up in the Image software-and VOILA-the picture appears in your post.

Oh and the Image Function is the icon at the top of the posting box that shows mountains and the sun. The video box works the same way for YouTube and certain other site videos. It had the icon that looks like film.

Gman

By following my instructions above-

http://www.curling.ca/2015worldmen-en/files/2015/03/FWMCC-Sweden-FI.jpg

Voila!!!

Gman

Oskar whom @Reisr30 likes is the second from the left. He looks ok in that picture or the one @LoveNDino posted, but he doesn’t always look this good.

Case in point—

220px-Oskar_Eriksson.jpg

I’m more partial to the two blonds on each end.

Gman

When you are building a webpage that has a picture in it, unless the picture is the only thing, you are actually adding a link for the picture to the webpage. The software that forms the webpage then shows the picture rather than the link. The links to pictures usually end in something like .jpg or .tiff

Not necessarily. When I was doing basic web page building (on an intranet, but same rules apply) one of the traps was including a link to where the photo was (which you have to do on here) rather than saving a copy of it in the same folder as your web page and linking that to the page. Yes you are still posting a link, but it can be a link to a location you control so it will always work. There is another trick to this and that is posting a relative link rather than an absolute on. If you post an absolute link (usually the entire file path), if you move either the photo or the web page within your web folders, the link may be lost. With a relative link (usually just the file name), you can move files within your folders and the software will maintain the link. It's been a few years, so the details of how to do it will no doubt have progressed since then.

Here’s a Canadian Curler from the 2014 Calendar

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/30vs7c95nugbadn/File%20Feb%2024%2C%206%2052%2023%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

I guess this guy proves Curling isn’t for chubs, which is really disappointing because except for having to be on the ice, the bending, the body held in extension, and etc, I thought it might be a sport I could get good at. I mean I’ve been using a broom since I was a child.

Gman

Not necessarily. When I was doing basic web page building (on an intranet, but same rules apply) one of the traps was including a link to where the photo was (which you have to do on here) rather than saving a copy of it in the same folder as your web page and linking that to the page. Yes you are still posting a link, but it can be a link to a location you control so it will always work. There is another trick to this and that is posting a relative link rather than an absolute on. If you post an absolute link (usually the entire file path), if you move either the photo or the web page within your web folders, the link may be lost. With a relative link (usually just the file name), you can move files within your folders and the software will maintain the link. It's been a few years, so the details of how to do it will no doubt have progressed since then.

Well that’s correct. Because then you’d be out of luck if the the picture was taken down my way. But that’s happened lots of times. If you go to old web pages, lots of times the photos are no longer there. I think for what @Reisr30 needs for posting on here, what I said was mainly correct.

Gman

I'm 55 years old and I've never met a Curler. Isn't that sad? Plenty of baton twirlers, several flag unfurlers but never a Curler! I need to Curl up in my bed

That is sad, @Stormy. This is 2018, for heaven's sake. No one in America should be denied the ability to curl up with a Curler, dadgummit. I think we need to take up a collection to get you a Curler.