Bromance

foxy
This topic is 2270 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

For a fun 50 minutes I'd recommend this lively, funny and rather sexy show.

Now playing at the historic New Victory Theater on 42nd Street.

Part of the fun going to the theater is often the theater itself and this one is certainly impressive.

Built in 1900 by Oscar Hammerstein, grandfather of the famous lyricist, it was first called the Theater Republic. In 1902 it was taken over by David Belasco who added improvements. In the 1930's it was taken over by Billy Minsky and it became Broadway's first burlesque theater. The biggest star was Gypsy Rose Lee.

In 1942 the theater was renamed The Victory in a burst of patriotism. By the 1970's it was the block's only XXX-rated theater.

In 1990 it was completely refurbished and became the family friendly theater it is today.

Bromance is a show conceived and starring three attractive, very athletic, young British guys called the Barely Methodical Troupe.

Interspersed with some amazing acrobatics the show has a theme that it's okay for guys to touch and feel affection for each other all shown in a funny kid friendly way. This adult certainly enjoyed that message.

After the show the guys sit in one of the lobbies to sign autographs or take photos with anyone interested so you can get up close and shake hands.

http://www.theatermania.com/off-broadway/reviews/bromance-at-the-new-victory-theater_84073.html

Edited by foxy

I saw Bromance. Glad I read a synopsis before going otherwise I won’t have understood why they were smelling each other’s armpits, shaking hands, & twisting their nipples.

Lots of children in the audience. They seemed to enjoy the 3 Stooges type of routines. The acrobatics were excellent.

Show picked up for me when the 3 amigos stripped down to only their gym shorts & did some amazing routines. Very handsome & talented young men with solid muscular builds.

Got to see the cast after the show. They were sitting at a table, chatting with fans, & giving out autographs. Seemed like really nice guys.