Did you catch this Mr. Gelb?

g56whiz
This topic is 2052 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Thanks, @hornytwells (although it still appears that there is an article count when "incognito").

A more aggressive (and corporate) endeavor than what we're doing at LA Phil (or AFAIK LA Opera).

Interestingly I dont seem to have encountered an article count in incognito yet, but if I do I open another browser, (safari/chrome/firefox) and go through them first, and then incognito windows in them etc, and that usually covers it

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sunday operas at the Met next season, perhaps just afternoons.

Indeed, just afternoons, and only some Sundays. And when there is a Sunday matinee, Monday will be dark.

It's really not such a bad idea - except that it does make the weekend more challenging for crew and staff, as well as the orchestra, and possibly chorus (depending on which operas are being performed). Right now the toughest part of the week is the sequence of Friday night, Saturday matinee, Saturday evening, because of the proximity of the performances as compared to the rest of the week. Adding a Sunday matinee (as opposed to evening) makes for the 4th show in a 48 hour span. Although this kind of schedule is standard on Broadway and regional theatre, etc, the technical resets between performances of the same show doesn't compare to having to mount 4 completely different operas in that time span.

I wish them luck...;)