Setting donation levels for travel

beaudejour
This topic is 2316 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi everyone, I checked out the travel-specific board but this seemed more technical than that. I have been asked to travel to meet a client. It would be a special trip for that person. What I have proposed is $2400 (which is a two-night minimum), and that he pick up the hotel. My question is, obviously I need a deposit before booking arrangements. What do folks do for handling the transfer of funds?

Any other suggestions welcome, I appreciate the support of this community, you all are great!

Venmo and PayPal are both known for freezing funds if they get any inkling that the transaction is related to the sex industry, sadly. What a lot of people do is ask for an airline or Visa gift card and then use the funds to purchase flights or buy things online. Some disposable visa gift cards can be loaded with up to $500. You can also receive blank money orders in the mail or money orders made out to to your legal name if you don’t mind him knowing it.