Boo (Slang)

Avalon
This topic is 2311 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boo

I've heard the word "boo" used lately. It means boyfriend. It comes from the French beau.

These days it comes closer to meaning something along the lines of "babe." It's just a mild term of endearment. I suppose it could mean boyfriend if you say something like, "he's my boo" but it could just as easily mean "he's my close friend."

The word kids have been using lately is bae. Boo is sooo 1990s. But I think even bae is starting to fade.

Hugs,

Greg

I noticed on my last trip to Costa Rica were using the slang word "bae". It means "dude" there. Oops. The word is "mae" not "bae"

Edited by Stormy

I noticed on my last trip to Costa Rica were using the slang word "bae". It means "dude" there. Oops. The word is "mae" not "bae"

That's funny. A Venezuelan friend of mine was just telling me the other day how much that annoyed him when he was in Costa Rica.

One of my favorite things in the world to do is to get this Venezuelan, my Costa Rican friend and a couple Mexicans "discussing" who speaks the best Spanish after we've had a few drinks. It is hilarious.

That's funny. A Venezuelan friend of mine was just telling me the other day how much that annoyed him when he was in Costa Rica.

One of my favorite things in the world to do is to get this Venezuelan, my Costa Rican friend and a couple Mexicans "discussing" who speaks the best Spanish after we've had a few drinks. It is hilarious.

I heard that same discussion years ago between a friend of mine from Mexico and another friend from Puerto Rico.

Gman

as long as a Colombian and/or an Argentinian aren't there, things should be ok!....(I've heard)......and thank God a Spaniard isn't present! ;):rolleyes: