Book on Billy Haines (silent Film Star)

Mac 100
This topic is 6769 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Can anybody help me about 2 or 3 years ago a book was published on the above Silent Film star who was under Contract to M.G.M.When M.G.M found out he was Gay they threatened him with Suspension unless he gave up being Gay and I understand rather they give up his Lifestyle he left M.G.M. and became a very succeful Interior Decorator thanks to the likes of Joan Crawford who helped him in his New Career.

Does anybody know the name Author and publisher of the book on this man?

Thanks guys

mac

Can anybody help me about 2 or 3 years ago a book was published on the above Silent Film star who was under Contract to M.G.M.When M.G.M found out he was Gay they threatened him with Suspension unless he gave up being Gay and I understand rather they give up his Lifestyle he left M.G.M. and became a very succeful Interior Decorator thanks to the likes of Joan Crawford who helped him in his New Career.

Does anybody know the name Author and publisher of the book on this man?

Thanks guys

mac

Guest zipperzone

>Can anybody help me about 2 or 3 years ago a book was

>published on the above Silent Film star

>Does anybody know the name Author and publisher of the book on

>this man?

Funny you should mention...... I saw on the Amazon site today that a new book, due to be released later this month is about his days after he quit his movie career and started interior design.

It's called "Class Act William Haines - Legendary Hollywood Decorator"

by Peter Schifando & Jean H. Mathison.

List price is $95. but Amazon is offering it for $59.85

Guest zipperzone

>Can anybody help me about 2 or 3 years ago a book was

>published on the above Silent Film star

>Does anybody know the name Author and publisher of the book on

>this man?

Funny you should mention...... I saw on the Amazon site today that a new book, due to be released later this month is about his days after he quit his movie career and started interior design.

It's called "Class Act William Haines - Legendary Hollywood Decorator"

by Peter Schifando & Jean H. Mathison.

List price is $95. but Amazon is offering it for $59.85

Interesting. The first thing that jumped into my mind when I saw this thread title was "Billy Haines, the dog-faced boy" who was the "old pal from the Army" central to the story in "White Christmas". I wonder if that was a Hollywood shout out to a pal or just a writing coincidence.

Interesting. The first thing that jumped into my mind when I saw this thread title was "Billy Haines, the dog-faced boy" who was the "old pal from the Army" central to the story in "White Christmas". I wonder if that was a Hollywood shout out to a pal or just a writing coincidence.

WISECRACKER is a good book.

But, the book that is particularly relevant right now is "Split Image: The Life of Anthony Perkins." The book is a good companion to Tab Hunter's biography. SPLIT IMAGE maintains that Tab Hunter stalked his lover, Tony Perkins, on the set on "Fear Strikes Out." Hunter had starred in the TV version; Paramount bought the project for a movie version with Perkins. Tab says he visited the set exactly once. I could go on and on.....

"Split Image" was written before Perkins' wife, Berry Berenson, was killed on 9/11/01. She was one of the passengers on a plane that hit the World Trade Center. The 20-year Perkins/Berenson marriage is present as complex and chilling. Perkins was convincd to marry by his female shrink, but he was still primarily gay, despite Berry's denials. The couple clearly loved their two sons & Berenson comes off as a decent person. Perkins doesn't.

WISECRACKER is a good book.

But, the book that is particularly relevant right now is "Split Image: The Life of Anthony Perkins." The book is a good companion to Tab Hunter's biography. SPLIT IMAGE maintains that Tab Hunter stalked his lover, Tony Perkins, on the set on "Fear Strikes Out." Hunter had starred in the TV version; Paramount bought the project for a movie version with Perkins. Tab says he visited the set exactly once. I could go on and on.....

"Split Image" was written before Perkins' wife, Berry Berenson, was killed on 9/11/01. She was one of the passengers on a plane that hit the World Trade Center. The 20-year Perkins/Berenson marriage is present as complex and chilling. Perkins was convincd to marry by his female shrink, but he was still primarily gay, despite Berry's denials. The couple clearly loved their two sons & Berenson comes off as a decent person. Perkins doesn't.

Archived