Jeffrey Hurant, rentboy founder, prison info

haring222
This topic is 2313 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

OK, so I personally found a lot of happiness via rentboy. RIP. I am sure a lot of the forum members kept an eye on the take down and trial.

Anyway, the founder is in a federal facility for 6 months. It might make him happy to get some mail from people. Here is his mailing address:

Jeffrey Hurant 86208-053

FCI Otisville

PO Box 1000

Otisville, NY 10963

From what I understand (which could be all wrong) when writing a letter to a person in prison:

Use only white paper, no colored paper or greeting cards (those can get returned under the guards discretion) and no perfume, stickers, anything like that.

Include his full mailing address on the note. Sometimes the envelopes get scrapped, or damaged, so include your return address info on it if you want him to have a record that you reached out.

Include a full return name and address on the envelope or it will get discarded without opening.

Rules seem to conflict about enclosing things; it seems like up to 5 pages of paper is ok, as are pictures that are enclosed or included int he note. No dirty pictures. Everything else will be considered contraband and discarded.

I think you can also send softcover books and magazines, which I think might be a great thing to do.

Hey! Thats a great idea - I'm glad you've thought of that. I have a prison pen pal and all your suggestions are correct. More than 5 pages but less than 40 works. I always send extra stamps along with my letters as well so they can reply. Books need to sent through a third party company. Depending on the prison sometimes Amazon books are allowed but often they require books to be sent through a publisher.

Cyd

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up, I just got a note back from Jeff thanking me for the letter I sent him and letting me know that he had gotten some other notes from guys and that they all meant a lot. He included a photocopied letter describing what was going on in prison and the general info about what the experience has been like for him...as I read it I kept thinking 'what a ridiculous waste of taxpayer money to lock this guy up'.

If you haven't, take a moment to write the guy a note.