2017 year-end numbers

This topic is 2323 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats interesting. Also the changes when you moved to Manhattan. Is that gross or net? It would be interesting how much your costs jumped when you made the move.

Gross.

Expenses may not have moved that much. Sure, rent is higher, but ditching the car saved a lot. (My annual transportation budget is now $160 to CitiBike.)

Kevin Slater

Gross.

Expenses may not have moved that much. Sure, rent is higher, but ditching the car saved a lot. (My annual transportation budget is now $160 to CitiBike.)

Kevin Slater

You never take cabs, Ubers, or the subway?

You never take cabs, Ubers, or the subway?

I have a great apartment with a playroom and sling. As for outcalls, if CitiBike doesn't go there, neither do I.

I occasionally put $20 on my metrocard or take an Über, so sure, let's call my transportation budget $200 a year.

Kevin Slater

I have a great apartment with a playroom and sling. As for outcalls, if CitiBike doesn't go there, neither do I.

I occasionally put $20 on my metrocard or take an Über, so sure, let's call my transportation budget $200 a year.

Kevin Slater

You even take CitiBike in the dead of winter? A friend of mine back in Boston rode his bike everywhere, even in the worst of Boston winter, because he didn't have a car and found public transportation too inconvenient. It looks like an awfully chilly winter in the Northeast, so if you take CitiBike in these temps, wow, more power to ya!

You even take CitiBike in the dead of winter? A friend of mine back in Boston rode his bike everywhere, even in the worst of Boston winter, because he didn't have a car and found public transportation too inconvenient. It looks like an awfully chilly winter in the Northeast, so if you take CitiBike in these temps, wow, more power to ya!

Ya, I'd rather be moving on a bike than waiting on a cold subway platform.

From my twitter: Boy people give you funny looks when you're checking out a CitiBike at 4am in 6° weather. Like they've never seen a cheap hooker off to a partying client before.

Kevin Slater

Ya, I'd rather be moving on a bike than waiting on a cold subway platform.

From my twitter: Boy people give you funny looks when you're checking out a CitiBike at 4am in 6° weather. Like they've never seen a cheap hooker off to a partying client before.

Kevin Slater

Zoinks! you have my undying admiration! Even though I spent 3 years of my childhood in Canada, one year in almost arctic Brandon MB and two years in Toronto, then lived in Boston for a couple of decades, I was never that tough in cold weather. Now that I live in sunny and (in the summer) blazing hot Las Vegas, I'm pretty sure I'd be the world's biggest wuss in single-digit temps. The thought of riding a bike in way-sub-zero windchill almost gives me a heart attack.

But I gotta hand it to ya, you are indeed saving buckets of cash by taking CitiBike everywhere. When I lived in NYC, my friends used to tease me for being the Cab Queen because I took taxis so often (no Uber back then). That's a vice that adds up far too fast. Perhaps New Yorkers grumble about the cost of the subway, but I think the fares are quite reasonable. But if you're not even taking the subway, then your bank balances must be tickled pink :)

Mostly others have just pushed them out of the top three.

Yeah, but then we'd be asking what happened to Mr. Chartreuse, Mr. Cyan, Mr. Magenta, Mr. Huckleberry Red...

Kevin Slater

I hope you have nice clients. I always think mine are trying to do me harm you might know some of them:

• Colonel Mustard.
  • Mrs. White.
  • Reverend/Mr. Green.
  • Mrs. Peacock.
  • Professor Plum.
  • Miss Peach.

And don't get me started on Miss Scarlett. I found her with my candlestick in the library....