New Orleans Update

snoopy
This topic is 6757 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Am considering travelling to New Orleans in the next two months and wondered if anyone has any current info on the state of the French Quarter in terms of restaurants, hotels, bars, etc. being open.

Is it worth a trip at this time or better to delay?

Sad to report that things are not back to normal. Drinks being served but restaurants are not full service. Hotels difficult because those opened are full of service people. This may be cured by the time you're planned trip but this is what is now.

the Cajun

I think it might be best to wait a short while.New Orleans will desperatly need our tourisim dollars as soon as possible-bit I think we are looking at Feburary or March before it is really worth going.

I do know that Marriott annonced they will be accepting limited bookings on 11/1/05-but there are so many people involve in the insurance claims,as well as fema folks and the contractors that the rooms that might be open are few and far between.

I hope the folks we know in New Orleans(Kjun,Eric)are doing all right.

Archived