Next LA HooVille

SAdler
This topic is 6396 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two Shores

I feel lost between two shores, on my way to NYC and won't be around. BUT I hope you all enjoy The Courtyard, I think it's currently the best Gay restaurant in LA. Be sure to have the Peach Sangria, not red (although the red is good too). It's like candy!

Try the Dates wrapped in Bacon (I know, it sounds horrible) the shrimp of the devil is snappy, calamari is light and flaky, the salmon is killer, the chicken Paella is awesome, the stuffed peppers in blue cheese are out of this world, the stuffed mushrooms are fantastic and salty, the lamb sausages are also very good.

For dessert, get the Key Lime pie. Not traditional Spanish fare, obviously, but subtle and bite sized.

Have fun Kids and if you like The Courtyard keep going back, and soon; we gotta support the quality businesses in gay neighborhoods, because they tend to disappear. (while you're at it, go upstairs before or after and get a cup of coffee or a mango/passion fruit Frappe at the upstairs Garden-like coffee hourse.)

>No need.

RE: Two Shores

>Have fun Kids and if you like The Courtyard keep going back,

>and soon; we gotta support the quality businesses in gay

>neighborhoods, because they tend to disappear. (while you're

>at it, go upstairs before or after and get a cup of coffee or

>a mango/passion fruit Frappe at the upstairs Garden-like

>coffee hourse.)

Something tells me somebody has STOCK in this little establishment.

Sorry but have to disagree with Rod`s restuarant suggestion. Nice atmosphere and good service but food not really that good -according to all of us. All of us being just me and the boys. Scott, Ben & Rusty. Now that was good. :-) . Luv him or leave him, Scott is entertaining company and tells some funny stories. He also offered to chip in on the bill which was a nice gesture.

BGP -your fave student dancer from SF was at Mickey`s earlier.He looked great and has such a nice personality +++.Got a chance to visit with poster Lucky too. The same place was rockin` later in the evening with 8 dancers on various stages who were very interactive with customers. They still insist on having a couple of chicks dancing too but I didn`t see any $$ hanging out of their g-strings when I was there.

Hopefully a fun evening was had by all. :) :)

Awwwww Funseeker-sorry you had the boys all to yourself!

I am also disapointed that the food at the courtyard was not so great-they have obviously put a lot of wrk into the interior design,but the one time I stopped by I was put of by the chick at the front guarding the velvet rope-we were not granted admission to a 3/4 empty restaurant-not cool enough!

Was there a tall strawbwerry-blonde dancer at Mickeys?Hussey tell me the boy is quite "gifted"

Think you're all thinking of a different restaurant.

What, specifically, did you have that you didn't like?

There's no velvet rope. There are no dancers. There is no attitude.

Bigguy, you may be thinking of the Abbey.

Bad food? Not at all. Very very good tapas. Did you all go to a tapas restaurant just west of la cienega? If not, that wasn't The Courtyard, and if it was get your tastebuds examined! Mickey's gets more text than delicious, well-made Spanish tapas with some of the best sangria in LA!?

Priorties people.

http://www.RodHagen.com

Fun, Fit, Friendly Fucker in West Hollywood.

-Rod Hagen

Nope Mr.Hagen I am thinking of the Courtyard-I know where the Abbey is,and the night Hussey and I went to the COURTYARD we had to fetch the hostess(who was busy chatting with her co-workers whil looking right at us.She turned us out after informing us the 3/4ths empty restaurant was sold out for the evening.Pity because I am always looking out for good new places on SMB.Hussey and I took our gay dollars across the street to Benvenuto.

Will I give the Courtyard another chance?Of course,by now they have to work twice as hard to make a good impression.All because of a ill trained employee at the door.

>Think you're all thinking of a different restaurant.

We've got the right place. I wouldn't whole-heartedly agree with Funseeker on this one. I enjoyd most of the food but the Tapas concept is something I have to usually be in the mood for -- wasn't what I was expecting that night.

>There's no velvet rope. There are no dancers. There is no

>attitude.

PLENTY of attitude ... a velvet rope that wasn't up though. They were talking about Mickey's before and after re: the dancers

>Bad food? Not at all. Very very good tapas... and if it was get your tastebuds examined!

The food was good but by no means spectacular. Although the chicken paella was very good, just arrived after we were already too full of bread/etc to appreciate it.

>Spanish tapas with some of the best sangria in LA!?

Not denying the peqach sangria wasn't great :)

>Priorties people.

LOL. I don't think it's the best place for a HooVille. We don't tend to like to share ;)

• 11 months later...

Sorry I missed this meeting anyway. Sounds like someone was needed to keep Funseeker's hands above the table ;-) I was looking for a thread on this, but must have missed it before. Would have been fun seeing all of you guys again (even Funseeker). Maybe next time.

Archived