Massage Envy Scandal

510guy
This topic is 2374 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Looks like Massage Envy is in a bit of a scandal with women claiming being sexually harassed. Claiming the company tries to diffuse it rather than calling authorities. 1.5 million customers and about 180 claims, surprised it does not happen more considering the nature of the business. But it is ironic that men getting a massage hope for the extras and would pay extra for it while women getting massage would sue over it. And then there is forums like this for men looking for the extras actively. How different men and women can be.

Can you cite a source for this?

Thanks to Google I found the following:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Woman-Massage-Envy-Worker-Abused-Me-Company-Offered-Free-Spa-Day-446510283.html

http://pix11.com/2017/11/26/massage-envy-facing-sexual-harassment-allegations-from-more-than-180-women/

Massage Envy locations are franchises. It is not clear whether any of the victims contacted the corporate office (not the franchise owner's offices, but Massage Envy's corporate office) when the franchisee's response was unsatisfactory. Regardless, I think the victims were right in calling the police.

A separate beef (errrrr scandal !!!) with massage envy.....not that long ago, for some reason, some other folks chose massage envy to give a female friend of mine a gift certificate.....I was at her home visiting when she was calling to make an appointment...."Hello, I was given a gift certificate & would like to book a massage at anytime in the afternoon on such&such a date".....Receptionist tells my friend that they are fully booked on the afternoon that she wants.....my friend gets off the phone....I say "that's ridiculous, the place can't be that busy".....I call back myself a few minutes later.....I don't mention a gift certificate....I ask for the same afternoon & offer a few different time choices that would work for "me".....the receptionist tells me any of my time choices would work....I make the appointment & before hanging up I say "oh yeah, I'll be using a gift certificate....see you then....bye".......I really think massage envy was discouraging accepting gift certificate appointments in favor of waiting for new paying customers.....weird because they would have to accept it eventually but that was the game I think they were playing on that day.

I haven't noticed it lately, but in the past it was common for theaters to NOT allow passes/promotions for first-run or special movies. The listings said "no passes will be accepted for this engagement". I'm not sure if they're still doing it as I haven't looked in the newspaper for movie listings in years; I check online. Anyway, this could be something like that.

A separate beef (errrrr scandal !!!) with massage envy.....not that long ago, for some reason, some other folks chose massage envy to give a female friend of mine a gift certificate.....I was at her home visiting when she was calling to make an appointment...."Hello, I was given a gift certificate & would like to book a massage at anytime in the afternoon on such&such a date".....Receptionist tells my friend that they are fully booked on the afternoon that she wants.....my friend gets off the phone....I say "that's ridiculous, the place can't be that busy".....I call back myself a few minutes later.....I don't mention a gift certificate....I ask for the same afternoon & offer a few different time choices that would work for "me".....

Well, with a gift certificate it is already paid for so there is no incentive to make is easy for the person using the gift certificate, just keep blowing them off and maybe they won't bother. It used to be popular to give restaurant.com gift certificate but that was such a hassle to use with restrictions and automatic 18 percent tip, even on take out orders.

But it is ironic that men getting a massage hope for the extras and would pay extra for it while women getting massage would sue over it. And then there is forums like this for men looking for the extras actively. How different men and women can be.

If women wanted sexual contact with strangers, straight men wouldn't have to look so hard for extras.