Former Scientologist Jason Beghe a sexual harasser?

samhexum
This topic is 2371 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

“Chicago P.D.” lead Jason Beghe was investigated by NBC and Wolf Entertainment in 2016 for “inappropriate behavior” when the actor faced complaints from several members of the cast and crew that some said constituted sexual harassment.

“When it was brought to our attention that there were concerns about inappropriate behavior on set, we promptly began an investigation in partnership with Human Resources and all parties involved,” the network, Universal Television and Wolf Entertainment said in a statement to Deadline today. “As a result of the investigation, we have already taken action, and it is a situation we continue to monitor very closely to ensure all of our employees feel safe and supported.”

Beghe, who plays Sgt. Hank Voight on the series, was the focus of numerous accusations from cast and crew members on the NBC show. He apparently has used highly aggressive and sexually suggestive language consistently as well as intimidating postures and more, we have learned.

“I am deeply sorry for my behavior, which I know has been hurtful to my friends and colleagues,” Beghe said in his own statement today. “I have struggled with anger issues for some time, and over the past year, I have been working with a coach to help me learn how to mitigate my temper. It’s an ongoing process, and it has been a humbling one.”

He added: “It is a source of great pride for me to be part of Chicago P.D.’s incredible cast and crew. I have personally apologized to anyone who I have upset, and I am committed to doing what is necessary to make up any damage that I may have caused.”

Last year, NBCU was made aware via cast and crew of a number of issues on the set of P.D. involving Beghe, according to sources. With senior executives actively involved, the Human Resources division opened an investigation into the complaints, and outside counsel was brought in. These complaints and the investigation were focused on anger issues — yelling and screaming by Beghe that members of the production found deeply offensive. As part of the conclusion of that investigation last fall, as Beghe alluded to in his statement, the network provided the actor with a couch to address anger issues; that coach continues to work with Beghe. A note of reprimand was placed in the actor’s personnel fie as a result, and there were other consequences, we hear.

In recent months, star Sophia Bush left the show and at least one other actress and a crew member seemingly have been written out of P.D. or reassigned to another Wolf production. With the testosterone-heavy “Chicago P.D.” set having been described as a tough environment for a female performer, Bush’s exit, exclusively reported by Deadline in May, was rumored be in reaction specifically to Beghe’s conduct. We hear that the other two departures also were related to inappropriate behavior by the actor.

Representatives for Bush and the other two women did not respond to Deadline’s request for comment on the matter.

One Tree Hill” actress was one of those who offered support earlier this month to writer Audrey Wauchope’s sexual harassment allegations against “OTH” creator and showrunner Mark Schwahn.

Schwahn was suspended from his showrunner position on E!’s “The Royals” on November 15 by show producer Lionsgate following the claims. The next day, 25 crew members and actresses on The Royals penned a letter accusing Schwahn of “repeated unwanted sexual harassment of multiple female members of cast and crew” on the Universal Cable Productions series.

Filmed in Chicago and hence a bit removed from corporate oversight, “Chicago P.D.” debuted in January 2014 as the second show in Wolf Films’ Windy City franchise.

An original cast member, Beghe is represented by APA, which also reps “P.D.” co-stars LaRoyce Hawkins and Jon Seda.

http://campblood.org/Newblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jasonbeghesmalls-480x165.jpg

Jason_Beghe_2008_%28cropped%29.jpg

45e308dca31e881185a78df98ad092ad--chicago-police-chicago-pd.jpg

OK, so let's pile on ANOTHER ONE......

Nick Carter, of Backstreet Boy fame, has been accused by former teen pop singer Melissa Schuman of rape.

Schuman, now 33, detailed the alleged incident on her personal blog earlier this month, alleging that Carter had raped her when she was 18 and he was 22.

Carter, now 37, responded to the allegations in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE Wednesday.

“I am shocked and saddened by Ms. Schuman’s accusations. Melissa never expressed to me while we were together or at any time since that anything we did was not consensual. We went on to record a song and perform together, and I was always respectful and supportive of Melissa both personally and professionally,” the Backstreet Boy said.

“This is the first that I am hearing about these accusations, nearly two decades later. It is contrary to my nature and everything I hold dear to intentionally cause someone discomfort or harm.”

PEOPLE has reached out to Schuman for additional comment.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F11%2Fnick-carter-melissa-schuman.jpg%3Fw%3D1200&w=700&q=85

I remember when Jason Beghe played Matt's boyfriend on "Melrose Place".

His character was HIV+

I remember there was a scene where he was slicing something for a salad and he cut himself.

I remember when he was Molly Dodd's fantasy plumber on "Days and Nights of Molly Dodd."

And nude for .5 seconds in "Monkey Shines".