"Stranger Things" on NETFLIX

nynakedtop
This topic is 2379 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

All of my tenth graders are totally into this show, which is now in its second season on Netflix. They are requiring that I binge watch the first season over Thanksgiving....

Anyone want to chime in as to whether or not this is a good use of my time? (Hoping to hear a chorus of "ayes"!)

It really depends on your age and interests, I think. It heavily references 1980s films (especially sci-fi and horror) and general pop culture. It's sort of a scary Goonies. I loved it, but I'm a big sci-fi nerd who was a target demographic for that kind of Spielberg/Carpenter stuff in the 1980s. You'll know by the end of the 1st or 2nd episode if you like it.

I loved season 1 but thought season 2 was a very disappointing. Also Winona Ryder plays every episode with continually angst-ridden overwrought facial contortions........ it was mildly irritating in season 1 but became insufferable in season 2. She seems to have interpreted the "acting is reacting' mantra as "acting is wildly over-reacting"