The Floppy Rooster Returns!

Cock Eyed Optimist
This topic is 1611 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen two reviews thus far and it doesn't bode well. Complaints were less than attractive dancers and having to get a club membership : one day membership is $15. Kinda makes you want to skip going.

Interesting. If they can't attract quality talent, it's never going to work. People will pay a $15-$20 cover/membership fee if the dancers are of a high standard. I hope they can turn it around....its still early days afterall. It would be nice to have another Miami option besides Twist.

I have seen two reviews thus far and it doesn't bode well. Complaints were less than attractive dancers and having to get a club membership : one day membership is $15. Kinda makes you want to skip going.

Where are these 2 reviews?

The guy running the place has a lot of experience. I would bet in a few weeks things will improve.

If the $15 cover is going to keep you from going, well, never mind.

Where are these 2 reviews?

The guy running the place has a lot of experience. I would bet in a few weeks things will improve.

If the $15 cover is going to keep you from going, well, never mind.

The two reviews I saw were on the Facebook page of floppy rooster . I wish them the best of luck . I loved floppy 1.0 and hope to check out this version soon.

Like anything else, any opinions/reviews can be very skewed. What is hot to someone is a total turn off to another. The review only really matters if it is from someone you share similar tastes with and trust their opinion.

In addition, talent can vary from night to night. So while day 1 might be awesome, night two might be a bust. That does not necessarily mean they’ve gone downhill.

I have not made it back to Miami yet to see it, but I know the General Manager, Sam. He ran the old Floppy and has been in the business forever. I remember him when he was a bartender in DC before he and his husband moved south. He runs a tight ship and I’m confident he’ll have a good club.

As of 9/24/19 there are 9 reviews posted on their Facebook site. The average rating at this time is 1.0 out of 5.

The major complaints are:

1. The high cover charge - $15

2. The fact that you have to fill out forms in order to become a member before you can enter the bar.

3. The high price of drinks.

The owner posted a reply saying that he sees the complaints and will try to rectify them in the future.

As of 9/24/19 there are 9 reviews posted on their Facebook site. The average rating at this time is 1.0 out of 5.

The major complaints are:

1. The high cover charge - $15

2. The fact that you have to fill out forms in order to become a member before you can enter the bar.

3. The high price of drinks.

The owner posted a reply saying that he sees the complaints and will try to rectify them in the future.

Hmm, you have to wonder about the guys writing those reviews. A $15 cover charge is a pittance compared to what you'll spend on drinks, tips, and lap dances. Anyone grousing about a $15 cover is probably not the kind of customer either dancers or management want in the first place.

I don't know what drinks cost, but if the reviewers are complaining about a $15 cover, then I'm guessing drink prices aren't that outrageous.

So I have to fill out a form before I can see hot guys shoving their goody package in my face? Uh ... where do I sign?!

Edited by BSR

• 2 weeks later...

Observatioms from my weekend Miami visit - Just my opinions, feel free to discuss!

1 - This is NOT the same as the old Doral FR. If you had visited that locale, you will find a completely different experience in North Miami. Talking with the staff on a Friday night, they explained that the Doral business plan was unsustainable, with the location and staffing issues. The new Rooster is meant to be more like a Twist for the North Miami neighborhood., set up with several smaller rooms. The building is a converted Seventies restaurant, low ceilings and all. The location at the west end of the 79th Causeway should work for the persons in North Beach- valet parking for $10, but I was able to parallel park on 79th Street within a block. Door fee was $10 and yes, you have to fill out a membership card. As long as the name on your ID matches the name you put on the form, that's all they need. The place has two bars, a billiards room, and the main stage area. Seating for about 30 in the main room- a low small stage in the center of that room--, with the low ceiling, it seemed to be an intimate room.

2 - The crew seems very determined to make the new Rooster a neighborhood venue- hours are 3PM to 3AM. Dancers started at 9PM Friday night, as the night went on, more guys showed up- by midnight there were about twelve guys, mainly muscly types. Just a couple of smaller guys (including one I have seen before at Johnson's), so if ya like "em big, this will work for you! Drinks seemed to priced at the average, not a ripoff. One bar just inside the front door to get your first drink ( they said it's a two-drink minimum, but I saw no enforcement mechanism.) Main bar is in a long room outside the main stage area, so the drinks line doesn't interfere with the show room - a great idea that more clubs should consider! Billiards room is off to the side of the main bar, again to avoid viewing interference. VIP rooms are in a hallway to the back side of the show room. As in the Doral FR, it's a mixed crowd, 80 pct male, 20 pct female. Not hard to figure out which dancers are straight, they flock to the females- kinda funny to watch!

3 - Yes, the main stage is not full-nude here, down to briefs and buns shots only. Just a little bit more revealing than Johnson's or Boardwalk, but not enough to be noticable. Typical three-song set for each guy. Because of the low ceiling and the low stage, the dancing is more restrained- Damn do I miss those high ceilings and two 18-foot poles in Doral- but you're much closer to the guys.

4 - The VIP rooms are FAR better than the old club! The rooms have full doors- no curtains or beads, but honest-to-God privacy, yay! VIP entrance fee $40, $100 per 15 minutes to the dancer. I took two guys back, both very accomodating- apparrenty, dancers rules seem to be anything goes. Both stripped completely once the door closed, none of my requests were refused- a sweaty funky time was had by all! Best VIP room experience I've had in years in Florida. This alone made the trip into Miami worth the trouble. So, if you give it a chance, you might have a great time if you have an open mind.

• 2 months later...

I went to FR on Saturday, the 21st, and it was my first time at the new location. Parking was relatively easy - I parked across the street. There is plenty of parking along the street but I wouldn’t recommend parking too far from the location. The neighborhood can be a bit sketchy. There was parking available at FR but for a cost (forgot exactly amount). I got there right before 10 so I didnt have to pay a cover but it was surprisingly still pretty empty. No more than 10 patrons and about 5ish dancers. Most were hispanic, athletic to muscle-y. No big muscle guys. I didn’t find any of the guys to be particularly noteworthy or memorable. I chatted with a few but none interested me enough for a private. I left about an hour later and it wasn’t too busy yet. Overall, i’d go back and stay a little later to see if it picks up and more dancers showed.