non-refundable hotel res. beware

Smurof
This topic is 2410 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It never dawned on me until I fell prey to it yesterday that you can make an over-the-phone reservation, have the reservationist botch it on purpose, and then leave you stuck financially.

Lesson learned is to book online and make a copy of the reservation sent.

When people say attitude goes a long way, they aren't kidding. I became abrasive and impatient with the under-trained person I was talking to, which would explain why I am now out 70 bucks. :( :mad:

When people say attitude goes a long way, they aren't kidding. I became abrasive and impatient with the under-trained person I was talking to, which would explain why I am now out 70 bucks.

I struggle with this. You get to a point where you want to go all Miranda Priestly on them. I try to keep in mind if the problem is the fault of the person I'm talking to. If I've spent 20 minutes on hold before talking to a rep, it's not that rep's fault that they won't hire enough people to answer calls.

Archived