Designated Survivor

Avalon
This topic is 2202 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In the recent episode Gregory Smith was a guest star. He played a young navy man who chose to go down with his ship. The POTUS asked him if he had a girlfriend. He said that he did. It would have been so simple for him to have said "No sir, I have a boyfriend". Another missed opportunity!

http://www.spoilersguide.com/designated-survivor/season-2-spoilers-everwood-vet-gregory-smith-guest-starring/

Edited by Avalon

• 2 weeks later...

I learned something new from the recent episode. Almost every American knows about Nathan Hale. However it was said that he was a teacher. That I did not know that about him!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Hale

Also it would have been so much simpler if Leo the POTUS' son had been gay. No female angst! ;-)))

Edited by Avalon

• 4 months later...

I agree the concept was good. The intrigue as to who did it and why certainly had possibilities. The resolution of that came quickly. There is no overarching evil to fight. As opposed to West Wing which was mostly character directed and Madame Secretary which is mostly diplomacy directed, this show has opted for intrigue. The character development with love stories and unexpected deaths gives it a soap opera quality. Keifer Sutherland has very little range as an actor, though I was a big fan of 24 when that one dimensional tone defined the character. (I AM GOING TO NEED A HACKSAW) I do like this show. It is my go to show on Wednesday night if I am not out and about. However, it is definitely flawed and I do think there is a need for an infusion of originality which was best shown on this show with the original premise.

Edited by purplekow

• 1 month later...

In last week's episode the POTUS discharged someone. He told her that she was terminated. I guess the writers did not want to use the phrase made (in)famous by the current occupant of the Oval.