Madam Secretary

Avalon
This topic is 2022 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Nadine the Chief of Staff has left the show. Her son and his pregnant girlfriend were in Burma and are now moving to California and she wants to be with them. Why couldn't the son have been gay with a boyfriend coming from a country where gays are persecuted?

In one episode Blake came out as bisexual. Though we see the private lives of other characters we haven't seen his. I'd like to the see the gay side of his bisexuality.

Why couldn't Jason the Secretary's son be gay and show him coming to terms with it?

Good show but so many missed gay opportunities.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this series but am overseas and missed this season so far (thank God for on demand)! However saving the world each week has become a touch tiresome (especially now that I can peek at Poldark’s torso in the time slot). I’ve sorta given up counting the number of times they’ve jumped the shark. But I STILL love this show.

Nadine the Chief of Staff has left the show. Her son and his pregnant girlfriend were in Burma and are now moving to California and she wants to be with them. Why couldn't the son have been gay with a boyfriend coming from a country where gays are persecuted?

In one episode Blake came out as bisexual. Though we see the private lives of other characters we haven't seen his. I'd like to the see the gay side of his bisexuality.

Why couldn't Jason the Secretary's son be gay and show him coming to terms with it?

Good show but so many missed gay opportunities.

Isn’t a good storyline much better than missed gay opportunities?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So happy to see the Sara Ramirez character join the team. But I'm getting a little tired of Tea Leoni saving the world single handed every week. I love the show but the plot lines are a tad preposterous at times. It's better than "Designated Survivor", though. That one just stinks like old fish.

I'm not familiar with the actress but her Wiki bio says that she came out as bisexual.

I'm guessing that her character is lesbian?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Ramirez

It was nice to see Blake's bisexuality being mentioned again. I hope he gets a boyfriend.

I love this show. Saddened by the exit of actress Bebe Neuwirth (aka Nadine Tolliver). I recently met her "replacement" Sebastian Arcelus: (aka Jay Whitman) at the theater.

OK, I have a question. Is anyone else puzzled by this recent story line that has Dimitri "dating" the Secretary's daughter Stephanie (Stevie)?

I thought he was gay? Do you think there will be a conversation about his sex life?

I love this show. Saddened by the exit of actress Bebe Neuwirth (aka Nadine Tolliver). I recently met her "replacement" Sebastian Arcelus: (aka Jay Whitman) at the theater.

OK, I have a question. Is anyone else puzzled by this recent story line that has Dimitri "dating" the Secretary's daughter Stephanie (Stevie)?

I thought he was gay? Do you think there will be a conversation about his sex life?

I don't remember the details now but there was a gay Russian but he was killed so they have this one.

• 1 month later...
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Spot on but I almost felt like I was being preached to. Big difference is that President Dalton’s “incapacity” was organic; a brain tumor. That’s far more transitory and cureable than a severe personality disorder.

Does anyone remember the "West Wing" story line in which Bartlett's daughter was kidnapped and he invoked the 25th Amendement and stepped down while John Goodman filled in as Acting President? At the time, I thought it was absurd and took the show's quality level down a couple of notches, but now I wish it would happen for real. I don't mean that I want Ivanka or Tiffany kidnapped; I mean that I wish some portion of the 25th could be invoked and John Goodman could take over for Trump.

I thought that this week's episode was going to be similar to Trump's threatening devastation and fury (or whatever that moron said), against North Korea, when Dalton threatened Russia. But it took another turn, as we all know. There was a very good op-ed in yesterday's NY Times by a psychiatrist, explaining why Trump can't be diagnosed with a mental disorder without a thorough examination (which has never been done, to our knowledge). Then he asked, "What if he's just a jerk?" A conversation like this, which occurs every day, in public and in private, shows just how low we have sunk in our national discourse -- and how low this moron in the White House has caused us to sink.

Does anyone remember the "West Wing" story line in which Bartlett's daughter was kidnapped and he invoked the 25th Amendement and stepped down while John Goodman filled in as Acting President? At the time, I thought it was absurd and took the show's quality level down a couple of notches, but now I wish it would happen for real. I don't mean that I want Ivanka or Tiffany kidnapped; I mean that I wish some portion of the 25th could be invoked and John Goodman could take over for Trump.

Definitely preferable to Mike Pence taking over.

But does it mean that Pence then gets to play Dan Conner on the Roseanne revival?

I wonder who it's harder working with--Trump or Roseanne--or if that's just two different flavors of crazy, impossible to compare.

• 3 months later...
22 April 2018 "The Friendship Game". What happened to Sara Ramirez? She wasn't in it or mentioned. She plays the Secretary's chief-of-staff but in this episode it appeared that Jay was.

I haven't seen the most recent episodes of the show, but I believe Jay is the current chief of staff (formerly a policy advisor) and the Sara Ramirez character is a policy advisor.

I haven't seen the most recent episodes of the show, but I believe Jay is the current chief of staff (formerly a policy advisor) and the Sara Ramirez character is a policy advisor.

Thank-you for the clarification.

And the good news...the show has be renewed for another season on CBS!

CBS’s Madam Secretary Renewed for Season 5

Current Show Status

Madam Secretary Season 5 — OFFICIALLY RENEWED

Latest EpisodeAired Sun 4/22/2018The Friendship GameSeason 4: Episode 18

Next EpisodeAirs Sun 4/29/2018Thin IceSeason 4: Episode 19

And the good news...the show has be renewed for another season on CBS!

CBS’s Madam Secretary Renewed for Season 5

Current Show Status

Madam Secretary Season 5 — OFFICIALLY RENEWED

Latest EpisodeAired Sun 4/22/2018The Friendship GameSeason 4: Episode 18

Next EpisodeAirs Sun 4/29/2018Thin IceSeason 4: Episode 19

YEA!!!

• 5 months later...