It's been a pleasure, but I will no longer participate in conversations...

Mocha
This topic is 2407 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've just come to the conclusion that, regardless of the intent and topic...there's going to be room for error which may spark a debate or disagreement. I also realized that I've offended 3 posters (Who I know in person) this past week who I considered to be very nice people, and don't hold any resentment towards. They also consider me a person worthy of respect as well, but somehow in differences of views and opinions, words were exchanged and feelings were hurt.

I thought I would be safe if I just responded to threads, rather than post them. But, that turned out to not be the case as even a thread not started by me ended in a fallout. And that's not what I intended. At the same time, I realize my personality is not fit for this arena. I'm normally very mild, agreeable in real life, but also very in touch with my emotions and express myself..and I thought I could be open on here, and that's just not the case.

So, at this point it's just best for me to only post in 1 section of the forum simply for advertising purposes only. I will no longer be engaging in personal conversations publicly on the board. I'm not mad at anyone or storming off or trying to prove a point...but at this point in time I can't handle any extra or unnecessary setbacks or distractions with the responsibilities I currently have going on and coming up this and next year.

So Thankyou everyone for your advices, and those who know me, you know where to reach me.

For anyone who may need similar guidance going forward, I found the following to be helpful:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201111/why-constructive-feedback-doesnt-improve-performance

https://hbr.org/2015/01/the-art-of-giving-and-receiving-advice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just come to the conclusion that, regardless of the intent and topic...there's going to be room for error which may spark a debate or disagreement. I also realized that I've offended 3 posters (Who I know in person) this past week who I considered to be very nice people, and don't hold any resentment towards. They also consider me a person worthy of respect as well, but somehow in differences of views and opinions, words were exchanged and feelings were hurt.

I thought I would be safe if I just responded to threads, rather than post them. But, that turned out to not be the case as even a thread not started by me ended in a fallout. And that's not what I intended. At the same time, I realize my personality is not fit for this arena. I'm normally very mild, agreeable in real life, but also very in touch with my emotions and express myself..and I thought I could be open on here, and that's just not the case.

So, at this point I think it's just best for me to only post in 1 section of the forum simply for advertising purposes only. I will no longer be engaging in personal conversations publicly on the board. I'm not mad at anyone or storming off or trying to prove a point...but at this point in time I can't handle any extra or unnecessary setbacks or distractions with the responsibilities I currently have going on and coming up this and next year.

So Thankyou everyone for your advices, and those who know me, you know where to reach me.

Take care of yourself, which it sounds like you are doing.

So, at this point it's just best for me to only post in 1 section of the forum simply for advertising purposes only. I will no longer be engaging in personal conversations publicly on the board. I'm not mad at anyone or storming off or trying to prove a point...but at this point in time I can't handle any extra or unnecessary setbacks or distractions with the responsibilities I currently have going on and coming up this and next year.

For anyone who may need similar guidance going forward, I found the following to be helpful:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wired-success/201111/why-constructive-feedback-doesnt-improve-performance

https://hbr.org/2015/01/the-art-of-giving-and-receiving-advice

This is won't the first nor the last time someone says he's done with the forum and comes back.

You'll be back!

I'm sorry for your bad experience. I think you should still stay here in order to continue providing quality content for new clients and up-and-coming professionals that want to act well and be well. Please stay in touch with me. I value your input and opinion

Obviously, you have NOT followed his posts ? Quite the contrary.... And you fell into his trap by giving him exactly the response he wanted... being begged to STAY to validate him... BYE girl !

Have you ever made an effort to be nice, it's never too late to try.

Dont be angry that YOU didnt get to say it first. Maybe in 5 years you can resurrect this thread and my comment will have a different "tone"..... It's funny, you send me private messages that you LOVE my snark and sarcasm and I should "keep it up", yet on the public board you post THIS. Mary, it seems you are a phony, 2-faced snake? Maybe you'll be more REAL when you shed your skin ? Or should I just attribute it to

OLD age ?

Dont be angry that YOU didnt get to say it first. Maybe in 5 years you can resurrect this thread and my comment will have a different "tone"..... It's funny, you send me private messages that you LOVE my snark and sarcasm and I should "keep it up", yet on the public board you post THIS. Mary, it seems you are a phony, 2-faced snake? Maybe you'll be more REAL when you shed your skin ? Or should I just attribute it to

OLD age ?

Have you considered sarcasm?

OLD age ?

Have you ever heard of something called de escalation? It's similar to reverse psychology.

I tried it and it doesn't work with you.

I'll let you have the last word, you always do.

Have you ever heard of something called de escalation? It's similar to reverse psychology.

I tried it and it doesn't work with you.

I'll let you have the last word, you always do.

And good luck with your psycho analysis business. Sorry I didnt see your shingle hanging out, so I missed it.... Your residency should be full of good candidates HERE ?

Archived