Has anyone gone from massage customer to masseur?

7829V
This topic is 2395 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since I started hiring, I've become interested in massage therapy, and I would like to take it seriously and attend some classes to at least learn the basics. Has anyone done this? I think massage is a great element to add to the foreplay... so I could use it with FWBs or even masseurs... not thinking on going pro or charge for it.

Does anyone have an idea of classes, cost, etc?

Thanks!

Yes, I love massage so much I went to get my license in it. For me, it cost about $11K to go through massage school in 2014.

I've seen my school offer like workshop classes for non-pro's, marketed towards couples. Those are a few hours long and can run $150-200.

However, I bet you are probably better than you know. People in my class that were the best, were the ones who had loved getting massages. They knew what felt good and were able to mimic what they felt.

When I get work done, and a therapist does a stroke or stretch I've never had before and it feels great, I'll make a note and try it out. I've picked up a few cool things that way.

Another way to learn is to watch someone get a massage. Watch what the therapist does or even lend a hand and practice. Maybe ask a therapist you like to become a mentor/teacher.

Not professionally but I learned some techniques with a CMT and offered sessions about a year ago. I had an ad for a short period of time and a decent number of clients. I can definitely see the intrigue as a good number of my clients were on the younger side and in good shape which made it enjoyable, but it can be a good amount of work to keep up with it.

Of the few clients I had, the ones that claimed to be straight and shy turned out to be the ones that always got curious at the end and asked for endings...haha

I have been very fortunate and given massages to the masseurs, usually the second time though. I really get the sense of being needed while helping someone else. Yes I still pay for their time, but it is a chance to admire and touch every inch or inches, lol.

+1 multiple times

Archived