Favorite comedy album/routine

samhexum
This topic is 2453 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I love this cut... about her high school reunion with all the other Jews from Weaver High School in Hartford, Ct.

Well, one day years ago, I was doing some work, driving through a depressed area of Hartford... I passed a school & looked up-- WEAVER HIGH SCHOOL! Definitely no Jews attending at that point. I pulled out the cassette tape I'd made of Totie and listened with a big smile on my face.

He would annoy me at times, being SO manic. However, one of the funniest things I ever saw was his (2 hour) appearance on Inside The Actors Studio.

His improv here was amazing:

Yes yes yes...His improv was amazing. And possibly my favorites were The Bird Cage and Good Will Hunting.

Jack Paar's comedy album when he was the host of "The Tonight Show." Paar told a funny joke about his wife's ability to remember names. I have used her method of remembering names for over 50 years. It always works.

The method: immediately associate the first name with someone with the same first name. As soon as possible write the name on paper, so you have a back up.

Sadly Paar's daughter Randi died in a strange accident nearly a decade ago.

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/social-diary/2012/remembering-randy

Archived