Judi Dench - International Treasure

LoveNDino
This topic is 2442 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I love more than Dame Judi is Tracey Ullman doing Dame Judi--her mannerisms and voice are spot-on!

I was lucky enough to see Judi Dench and Maggie Smith together onstage in London over 10 yrs ago in a play called 'The Breath of Life' -- about two women who were once in love with the same man. The storyline was a little tepid, but the performances were terrific.

I hear the International Treasure is going to reprise her famous role as Queen Victoria in a new movie about the iconic sovereign and her Indian servant. She was great and regal in 'Mrs. Brown' and I'm sure she'll be terrific in this new film.

Let Dame Judi Dench Show You Her Teeny Tiny Fidget Spinner

Tolly Wright@TollyW

September 11, 2017 5:22 pm

When Judi Dench isn’t vying for her next Oscar trophy or snagging a record-breaking number of Olivier Awards, the octogenarian has an itty-bitty fidget spinner to preoccupy her. While promoting Victoria and Abdul at Toronto International Film Festival, Dench was asked by USA Today’s Andrea Mandell about her hobbies. Though she tried to steer the conversation toward her interest in expanding her vocabulary, Dench’s co-star Ali Fazal needed the world to know about the dame’s crumpet-sized toy. “She owns a fidget spinner. Judi Dench owns a fidget spinner! It’s the coolest damn thing,” Fazal said.

Because Dench is a benevolent living icon (don’t call her a National Treasure), she deigned to present her mini version of the 2017 craze to the camera. Where she kept it on set while playing Queen Victoria is a mystery— in a secret fold in her giant hoop skirt? Under her crown? In a hidden compartment of her scepter? Wherever it was, it can be assumed she took it out every time the director called cut — Dench doesn’t need scene notes, thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived