Sending your RM link through text

This topic is 2502 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have an iPhone and it seems to me that sending my RM link only works if the recipient also uses an iPhone. :mad:

If the recipient also has an iPhone, that is autodetected and the message is transmitted via Apple's iMessage service which can handle all kinds of data types with extended character sets. Otherwise the message is sent via SMS which only handles text with a limited character set. On an iPhone, iMessage messages are colored blue and SMS messages are colored green.

I suspect there is an issue with the Messages app on your iPhone autoformatting the link text into a hotlink, which probably won't work over SMS, but I'm only speculating. It could also be a security feature on the the receiving end.

So what happens? They don't receive anything? They receive the text, but rent men is not underlined properly as a link?

A client told me they did not receive anything, which was ANNOYING.

If the recipient also has an iPhone, that is autodetected and the message is transmitted via Apple's iMessage service which can handle all kinds of data types with extended character sets. Otherwise the message is sent via SMS which only handles text with a limited character set. On an iPhone, iMessage messages are colored blue and SMS messages are colored green.

I suspect there is an issue with the Messages app on your iPhone autoformatting the link text into a hotlink, which probably won't work over SMS, but I'm only speculating. It could also be a security feature on the the receiving end.

That's something I'll look into!

There was an old bug with the iPhone where if it couldn't send as iMessage it sometimes didn't send at all. This happened to me with a friend who switched from an iPhone to an Android and it was a while before we realized he wasn't getting any of the texts I'd sent. There's an iPhone setting to send messages as iMessages vs SMS, I turned that setting off once I realized what it was doing.

There was an old bug with the iPhone where if it couldn't send as iMessage it sometimes didn't send at all. This happened to me with a friend who switched from an iPhone to an Android and it was a while before we realized he wasn't getting any of the texts I'd sent. There's an iPhone setting to send messages as iMessages vs SMS, I turned that setting off once I realized what it was doing.

True, but that would stop all messages, not just a link text. My understanding of the issue was that the customer didn't deregister the iPhone before switching and Apple had to provide a method to deregister after the fact.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

They are actually most likely lying and saying they didn't get anything to either

1. Get the information out of you directly for a fantasy or to incriminate you because they are law enforcement.

2. To get you to send pictures directly to them so they can jack off.

3. To try to ignore the fact that you are professional because of whatever insecurities or bias they have or to justify in their heads taking advantage of you or lowballing you.

I get guys who say the don't get my website link from time to time, and it is always the guys for who are not serious or ask too many questions.

Just take note and keep it pushing!:D

Archived