Brojobs now a trend

tanman4u
This topic is 2503 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I think of the term bisexual as basically an "all other" - it doesn't mean 50/50 attraction. It just means not 100% gay nor 100% straight.

I was going to make this very point but I thought that tossing that grroup into a catch-all category would rub people the wrong way.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We are a long way from that yet. We are no more post-gender than we are post-racial. And those aren't really going to melt away until a lot of social/economic power imbalances are solved. Nice thought though.

I agree, but I think it is closer than we think. That is the beauty of works like Perlongher, who demonstrates fluid sexuality already exists and has existed for ever, 30 years ago his work was focused in the lowest social classes and in the margins, where the constraints of bourgeois morality are weaker. But nowadays I think we can see it in plenty of middle class millennial.

I know, it is not mainstream, but it is there.

I try to imagine what would bring me closer to be able to transcend gender barriers (the last time I had sex with a woman was 10 years ago) and I thin in my case it is smells. There are smells that just turn me on, no matter any of my regular constrains (age, ethnicity, etc.). When we discussed these topics decades ago in my Queer activist times, most of my friends would find their way beyond gender through certain scenes or situations that would turn them on.

what category, if any, should be applied

That formulation, I think, is where our respective modes of thinking irredeemably part ways.

Yet once more I point to Foucault (even Derrida whom I personally intellectually despise! But he had a point or two), de Man, Bourdieux, et al.

Without seeing the self-trapping nature of that term and thought-jacket, no objective outside-the-frame perspective is available.

That formulation, I think, is where our respective modes of thinking irredeemably part ways.

Yet once more I point to Foucault (even Derrida whom I personally intellectually despise! But he had a point or two), de Man, Bourdieux, et al.

Without seeing the self-trapping nature of that term and thought-jacket, no objective outside-the-frame perspective is available.

Taxonomies are problematic by nature. Our debate is about whether this particular one can nevertheless be useful.

He was Puerto Rican, and I think it is an observed fact that men from many countries of Hispanic cultural origin know who they are, and are far less hung up with 'orientation' anxieties and insecurities than people originally of European -- especially English/Scots/Irish (my own forebears) -- lineage.

This.

To explore this subject completely, we would have to start a new thread.

Archived