What City Is This?

azdr0710
This topic is 2508 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks like the Chicago River downtown Chicago

Ah, yes indeed, I found very similar pictures by googling "Chicago River downtown Chicago".

I have never been to Chicago, and didn't know it was that impressive.

Thanks [uSER=8020]@Just Sayin'[/uSER]

I don't really have the slightest idea but considering your clue I'm going to make a wild guess. Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia where in 1914 the Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria was assassinated which was the spark that ignited WW I

Ah, yes indeed, I found very similar pictures by googling "Chicago River downtown Chicago".

Chicago is incredibly rich architecturally; if you get a chance to go, do so!

Chicago is incredibly rich architecturally; if you get a chance to go, do so!

Yes! And take a boat tour focused on the architecture of Chicago. Have taken several Chicago boat tours. The last, a couple years ago, was hostessed by the best guide/docent ever.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself! Just kidding, only saying that cause I live there. However, it is probably one of the (if not the) most architecturally diverse cities in the U.S. Of course, burning down to the ground didn't hurt. That way most of the leading U.S. architects got to have a go at it here. And the major architects got to go from brick architecture to modern architecture. As noted above, the boat tours are incredible. And because much of the architecture is downtown you can see a lot on foot. Frank Lloyd Wright is probably the only noted architect that has much of his work in the suburban area. Come, see. :)

Hmm, Sarajevo Latin bridge.

I don't really have the slightest idea but considering your clue I'm going to make a wild guess. Sarajevo, capital of Bosnia where in 1914 the Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria was assassinated which was the spark that ignited WW I

The photo makes the bridge seem more impressive than it is when I visited Sarajevo four years ago. No more clues, @Tarte Gogo.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself! Just kidding, only saying that cause I live there. However, it is probably one of the (if not the) most architecturally diverse cities in the U.S. Of course, burning down to the ground didn't hurt. That way most of the leading U.S. architects got to have a go at it here. And the major architects got to go from brick architecture to modern architecture. As noted above, the boat tours are incredible. And because much of the architecture is downtown you can see a lot on foot. Frank Lloyd Wright is probably the only noted architect that has much of his work in the suburban area. Come, see. :)

To my defense, I haven't been in this country for very long. I will visit Chicago at some point.

Archived