Daniel Day-Lewis to retire from acting!

oldNbusted
This topic is 2526 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yes, saw it on ABC. As he occassionally changes his mind (e.g., he allegedly has quit before to do some cobbling) hopefully he goes back to something he has such a beautiful talent for.

I sure hope so, I would like to look forward to him playing older roles in a way that only a lifetime of experience allows!

He's the capability to play as role as intensely as anyone I've ever seen.

I think he could push anyone off the screen, but of course doesn't.

There are so many roles which I'd like to have seen him play.

My favorite is Blood but seeing him in Gangs with Scorsese is a treat. That seems like a collaborative relationship that could have borne much fruit.

best-performance-ddl.jpg

Intensity

Well, much like Anthony Hopkins, Daniel Day Lewis has retired from acting before. If I'm not mistaken, it was Scorsese who talked him into coming out of retirement before, expressly to make Gangs of New York. So who knows, he may do King Lear yet. Give him about five or ten years. Look at Hopkins, starring in Westworld on HBO now and showing no signs of stopping!!! Even if he stays retired, Day Lewis has given us some definitive roles over his career, most captured on film!

TruHart1 :cool:

Archived