no longer friends, no longer benefits

Smurof
This topic is 2542 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had a formerly fun long distance relationship for the past three years. Three tell-tale signs happened recently for me to understand that it's over, since "being ghosted" is all the rage, and now I'm a 1st time victim.

1. He tells me a month ago to no longer call him on his private line for any reason.

2. The last time we were together, it was mechanical on his end, almost like he wasn't really there with me.

3. He is in my town right now, and will not respond to any communication from me (and, yes, I'm sure I'm being outrageously foolish to continue to respect his wishes and not call his private line).

It hurts to look back and realize whether his town or mine, I was always the arranger. 3 years is an awfully long time to drag out an unwanted relationship on the other end. :confused: :( :mad:

I'm sure you're hurt. It's always tough when a relationship ends....even if it's just a fuck buddy.

In my experience fuck buddy endings have always been even more awkward that "real"

relationships that end.

In "real" relationships there is usually a good deal of closure and mutual agreement to "end it"

and move on with your lives. Fuck buddies are by their very nature more effervescent and you

don't always get the closure that you want. Granted you get to skip a lot of the other drama,

but it can still leave you feeling sad, hurt, and confused.

Nonetheless, just like "real" relationships, the best cure for the break up blues...is to get back

into the saddle with someone else.

Archived