Your Music

José Soplanucas
This topic is 1810 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Doors, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Joni Mitchell, Creed and so many more. But @latbear4blk's instructions were to select ONE that best defines you, so I'll say Crosby Stills Nash and Young -- only because they were so omnipresent at that critical point in my life. Now, years later, I can't help but stop and listen when I hear one of their songs.

The Doors, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Joni Mitchell, Creed and so many more. But @latbear4blk's instructions were to select ONE that best defines you, so I'll say Crosby Stills Nash and Young -- only because they were so omnipresent at that critical point in my life. Now, years later, I can't help but stop and listen when I hear one of their songs.

I was also tempted to name them.

This is an old thread that someone resurrected. I had forgotten my original instructions and myself stopped following them in my last posts. Thank you @SundayZip , we all should try harder to respect OP's in all threads. However, feel free to share all of the music that has inspired you anytime in your life.

I never heard of Crosby Stills Nash and Young, I would love you to share a link to some of your favorite songs.

I do love The Doors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

I never heard of Crosby Stills Nash and Young, I would love you to share a link to some of your favorite songs.

You've never heard of Crosby Stills Nash and Young! Okay, @latbear4blk, you asked!

Apparently Graham Nash was living with Joni Mitchell and her two cats in her house on Laurel Canyon (Los Angeles) when he wrote Our House.

In response to the shooting of 4 students at Kent State in Ohio

I've forgotten how much I liked (love) these guys.

You've never heard of Crosby Stills Nash and Young! Okay, @latbear4blk, you asked!

Apparently Graham Nash was living with Joni Mitchell and her two cats in her house on Laurel Canyon (Los Angeles) when he wrote Our House.

One of my all time favorites: Southern Cross from CSN&Y

Thank you for sharing this! I love them all A LOT, specially "Just a Song before I go". And I just realized the "Young" in the name of the group is Neil Young, who of course I do know and heard of. All the songs remind me a lot of some psychedelic stuff I used to listen to.

Interesting because I liked Jefferson Starship in person, but also Chicago, Janice Joplin, Patti Smith, Judy Garland (1961), Peggy Lee, Judy Collins as well as many all-male bands like U2, The Stones, Talking Heads

Talking Heads wasn't all-male.

I have a always been partial to alternative regardless of what it means for that decade. Growing up I listened to WLIR (Long Island-based station) in junior high and high school. When I went to college I found WFNX and that's what I would listen to. Today I listen to Sirius XMU and First Wave, so I guess I have never gotten tired of the alternative genre... Sadly, I don't think we have any stations like WFNX or WLIR on regular radio today; at least none that I can find in the NYC tri-state area :(

The radio choices in the NY metro area suck. Upstate NY has more variety.

again, not some obscure, profound tune, but upbeat and "boppy"......if you need some pick-me-up before a long day.........hmmm, is that lead male singer a distant relative of Vin Marco?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxpgL38Lq-E

K-pop has lots of upbeat and boppy songs. Also angsty, swaggy, rock, etc.

(Also best supporting performance by a duck in a music video.)

@quoththeraven, I only saw Talking Head perform once in concert. It was at the Philadelphia Zoo. It was wonderful, but year later I remember the location more.

Talking Heads was at Coachella this year. Great show.

My Dad loved Yes. I still listen to this one.

I like Mumford and Sons, Alabama Shakes. Sufjan Stevens, Lumineers, Postal Service and so on. Modern American folk and alternative stuff. You know. Real music. :cool: