Latest Lesson Learned

RyanDean
This topic is 2552 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Trust your first gut instinct...

A year or so ago, I encountered a particular gent at an Adonis event. He has a remarkable asset that caught my immediate attention, but our brief interaction suggested there wasn't much there there, so I didn't even invite a lap dance. Fast forward to the last few weeks, when I noticed that this gent had begun to advertise on RM and he seemed to be quite close by. His proximity (as well as the photographic reminder) piqued my interest anew and I sought him out again at a recent Adonis event. Confirmed that he was now located quite close to me, and was pleased that our interaction was lively and flirty and fun. I chalked our previous non-connection up to his being a newbie at the time and had him enter his number into my phone so that we could begin to scheme toward a meeting.

Which happened today, and proved to be perhaps the most emphatically underwhelming encounter I've yet had. Not terrible in any particular way, and he is a totally nice guy, but a big nothingburger when it comes down to getting down. I looked past so many of my own usual dealbreakers (listing as "straight," no reviews, the dreaded "ask me") because I guess our pleasant pre-encounter combined with his proximity got me excited. And, of course, there was that asset.

But now I find myself overspent and underwhelmed and thinking, yeah, I totally should have trusted my FIRST instinct on this one... Lesson learned. (I hope.)

Which leads me to wonder:

What is your latest lesson-learned thanks to this hobby/vocation?

What is your latest lesson-learned thanks to this hobby/vocation?

Honestly, @RyanDean, the same as yours. Last fall a guy appeared on RM who also does massage. Pics looked great, had a nice couple of conversations, but at some point in the pre-meeting arrangements something seemed "off." Long story short, not a lot of chemistry and his current look is NOT quite the same as his look in the pics. Hs ad came down shortly thereafter, so not much point in writing a review.

The book was on the shelf. The title made your eyes widen and your heart skip. You flipped through the pages but nothing really grabbed you so you put it down. But you came back and read the back cover which piqued your intrigue even more. You bought the book, read it and ultimately said "meh".

Might the lesson be that if you hadn't read it, you would have thought about it time and again, and if that book permanently disappeared from the shelf, regret would have encircled you for much longer than the time you took to explore the potential. Lessons in life often escape those that won't risk the chance to learn them.

Archived