All y'all were talking about me a while back and I didn't even know.

jason_jboiCali
This topic is 6973 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was browsing around and I discovered that there was an entire thread about me in one of these forums. So, I decided to join. Anyway, just so you all know, I am totally in love with the Japanese Restaurant "Umenohana". I look forward to lots of controversial conversation here in the forums and would like to here about any amazing (read: expensive [lol]) asian cuisine in the LA area. And to anybody who has tried to get in contact with me or I may not have gotten back to, try again sometime. I love to meet new people, but I can only dine so much. Right now I am starting a new relationship (no, y'all don't know him) and so much time has been taken up by that. Also, I've been campaigning against the aweful aweful music that my generation is being poisoned by, and that's practiacally a full time job. What ever happened to good old rock n roll? Is there no room for David Bowie in our lives? Come on everyone! It's time to get back to real, artistic, and sexy music! I had a moment with Janis Joplin's song "Cry Baby" last night that gave me more pleasure than any other experience of my life. Can modern music do that?

Sorry, I went off there. As you can surmise from that rant there, I will provide a unique view to all subjects that perk my interest. I hope I can provide unique ideas and points-of-view to these forums.

Welcome to the board "Sushi Boy"!. Glad that life is good for you. Beats the old pizza box I saw in your hotel room a few weeks ago.

I wonder if that $$$$$$$$ Japanese Restuarant on Rodeo Drive is still around. Average tab there was $250 pp.

I am a big Bowie Fan and also saw the Stones do their new US tour intro outside Lincoln Center a couple of days ago in NY. Good Stuff.

:)

Now are you going to take me up on my previous invite to an LA Hooville Dinner sometime soon.?. :)

1. Who are you?

2. Matsuhisu for sushi. Yum.

3. Are you cute? If so, I'll take you for Asian and then take you home. Only if you brush after sushi. I hate mercury.

As usual, all disclaimers apply.

Affectionally yours,

Joel

Re: Japanese restaurants

Jason, a warm welcome from another lover of the asian cuisine ...

>would like to here about any amazing (read: expensive [lol])

>asian cuisine in the LA area.

My favorite Japanese restaurant in LA is Koi http://www.koirestaurant.com

Koi is located on La Cienega boulevard. Great sushi, relaxing decor and nice crowd. When I travel I try to visit as many sushi places as possible and by far the best sushi I've ever had was in São Paulo.

Steven Draker ~

http://www.HotSexyStud.com/uk

>Also, I've been campaigning against the aweful aweful music

>that my generation is being poisoned by

We're all being poisoned by it, Jason. You can't go into a store or gym or restaurant or anywhere it seems these days without being subjected to the likes of Fiddy Cent's "Candy Shop." Keep fighting the good fight; I'm right there with you (and just got the newly remastered & expanded King of America 2-CD by Elvis Costello today...I think he's the greatest living composer/performer in rock or any genre he chooses).

Very nice Jason. Japanese Huh? I realize that Japanese cuisine is much more than sushi, but, if you like sushi, Matsuhisu is among the best, and for the beach, try ZaZen near the Venice pier. Tell Don, the ageless bartender, that Joel said hi.

I did that once,and while I can appriciate the subtleties between diffirent types of dofu,I do not think I will repeat the experience again.Especially at$18 per person.

Ita Cho serves some exsquisite Japaneese food-no sushi-and it is not all that expensive.

There are 2 great hole in the wall places in Hollywood.One is at the NE corner of Gower and Hollywood(very small go early or expect a wait)and the other is at SMB and higland(behind the donut shop-next to the dirty booth store)

Archived