Has M4M seen the light?

beethoven
This topic is 2570 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm told by one of my regular masseurs, who had left M4M, that they have drastically reduced their monthly advertising rate to $50, and now allow shirtless photos. From a high of about 200 masseurs, they are now down to 93. Having wrecked their business, they seem to have come to their senses.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I just checked their rates. Click on the "Masseur Place Your Ad" button. The $50 is a 2 week intro rate. Check their other rates....WAY OVERPRICED. And I think you only get ONE shirtless photo, and it has to be in an outside setting, such as a beach. In their heyday, before they went puritanical and OVERBOARD in "cleaning" up their site they were my 'go to" site. Not anymore. I never go there anymore. In 3 words I can state my feelings on M4M now: that. site. sucks.

All sites suck. I am so done with m4m, and am down to masseurfinder and rentmasseur. MF for the largest selection, but it gives you just the starting point to do research when you see someone you might hire, the site is utterly uninformative. RM is more informative on what you can expect but the number of listings is small. They couldn't keep it together, though, and now require you to have a premium paid membership even if a masseur wants to give you the passcode to his gallery. Used to be that you could see everything with a paid membership but a masseur could unlock his gallery to a non-premium member upon request. RM sucks and is losing even more users as a result.

There are many sources of light these days. I'm sure that MassageM4M knew that their customers would be disappointed with their changes. They used to be very competitive. I wonder whether they were threatened with Rentboy-type exposure, and whether they were a more attractive target because of the premium nude photos that used to be a part of their site. I don't imagine that they suddenly became prudes to intentionally piss off their advertisers and clientele, and to intentionally scuttle their business.

Archived