Sex Addiction Only

MostlyLurking
This topic is 2578 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Not ejaculating for longer periods of time isn't always a sign of a low libido. I I only see my boyfriend every two to three weeks. I save my loads for him. I will admit I sometimes go a bit crazy waiting.

WOW! That is love -- do you ever have wet dreams with that build up?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know there's disagreement. And I don't think it is valid to confuse habituation with physical dependency.

All that's necessary to understand that there's a difference between physical dependence and compulsive behaviors is to compare how they manifest. If, literally, anyone is regularly and repeatedly exposed to an addictive substance like an opiate/opioid, he/she becomes addicted.

We all eat, every day, yet not everyone eats compulsively. Sex is a near universal human activity, yet only a small subset become compulsive with it. Many people gamble occasionally, and most do not become compulsive.

All that's necessary to understand that there's a difference between physical dependence and compulsive behaviors is to compare how they manifest. If, literally, anyone is regularly and repeatedly exposed to an addictive substance like an opiate/opioid, he/she becomes addicted.

We all eat, every day, yet not everyone eats compulsively. Sex is a near universal human activity, yet only a small subset become compulsive with it. Many people gamble occasionally, and most do not become compulsive.

Ah.

I am addicted to bodybuilding and I also am addicted to having sex. I think the two are related in at least my case.

If I could have sex up to seven times a day, I would. Sometimes I got to take care of it myself. Lucky as a bodybuilder, I can get hard. Alot of us can't get hard due to the gear. Used to be a stripper in clubs, and there are bbers that can't get hard in front of each other. I never had that problem; ready to go.

I 'll help any time.

Gay men act out sexually at a much higher rate than other populations. I would infer they are more likely addicted or compulsive.

I don't think it necessarily follows that gay men are more likely to be sexually compulsive because they have more sex. First of all, do they really have that much more sex? The visibility of the gay sexual marketplace may may it look like gay men have lots more sex than straight people, when in fact, their actual rate of sexual activity may not be unlike similarly-situated straight folks.

Secondly, what is "compulsive?" Is it the quantity of the sexual behavior, the character of the sexual behavior, how the actor relates to his/her own sexual behavior, etc? It seems that sexual compulsiveness is largely a self-diagnosed condition.

I don't think it necessarily follows that gay men are more likely to be sexually compulsive because they have more sex. First of all, do they really have that much more sex? The visibility of the gay sexual marketplace may may it look like gay men have lots more sex than straight people, when in fact, their actual rate of sexual activity may not be unlike similarly-situated straight folks.

Secondly, what is "compulsive?" Is it the quantity of the sexual behavior, the character of the sexual behavior, how the actor relates to his/her own sexual behavior, etc? It seems that sexual compulsiveness is largely a self-diagnosed condition.

Sexual activity is compulsive when it becomes a negative coping skill.

Sexual activity is compulsive when it becomes a negative coping skill.

I would add that when it is not premeditated we may call it compulsive. For example, driving down the street and seeing a prostitute. Next thing you know, the prostitute is in your car. Someone in school or work sees an attractive person in class/workplace/ or on computer and begins to masterbate. This is much in the same way someone who is an alcoholic stops in a bar on their way to work or home just because they were walking or driving by when it was not their intention to do so.

I would add that when it is not premeditated we may call it compulsive. For example, driving down the street and seeing a prostitute. Next thing you know, the prostitute is in your car. Someone in school or work sees an attractive person in class/workplace/ or on computer and begins to masterbate. This is much in the same way someone who is an alcoholic stops in a bar on their way to work or home just because they were walking or driving by when it was not their intention to do so.

But if the person driving is on their way to an important meeting and hooking up makes them late then I think it is compulsive.

But if the person driving is on their way to an important meeting and hooking up makes them late then I think it is compulsive.

I would say that if they did it once, it wasn't the best choice. If it was a regular pattern and it was threatening their job, yet they continued to do it, it's compulsive.

Absolutely! Also, with those negative consequences, the behavior would be indicative of the presence of an addiction because the person did this knowing that they were supposed to be at a meeting, thus loss of control and powerless over their behavior making their life unmanageable.

Archived