A dogs prayer....Go in peace.

bigvalboy
This topic is 1146 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am glad this thread was resurrected as I had an earlier post. That post from nearly 4 years ago speaks to me now as in the last 8 months I have had two dogs pass and now have two which are pretty ill. That post of mine reminded me that there is healing after the pain of loss.

There are no coincidences, the individual pieces fit together and only once they are all together is the big picture seen.

Edited by purplekow

I also appreciate the resurrection of this thread, because last week I made the paradoxically difficult and humane appointment to have my 15-year-old basset-dachshund euthanized. Fortunately for me, Phoebe's veterinarians suspended their current protocols of not letting humans in their office. I appreciated their empathy and support. Robert Woodruff Anderson's quotation, "Death ends a life, but it doesn't end a relationship." has helped me cope with this sad transition. Photographs, warm memories, and shared anecdotes from those who knew Phoebe have begun to work their magic of eclipsing my grief.