Maui Ritz Carlton

joel304
This topic is 7042 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was there several years ago and loved it. It's in a beautiful part of the island, had a great staff, and very comfortable accommodations. For such a large hotel, you didn't feel lost in the shuffle. The gay life there, of course, in nonexistent (unless you bring it with you), but the Ritz was a great jumping point for a very relaxing vacation. I can't think of anything else to say beyond generalities, but here's one guy saying 'thumbs up'.

I was also there a few years ago. It was very nice at a good location. The golf at Kapalua is 1st rate with 3 courses that are interesting and varied in terrain. The Kapalua Bay Hotel is very nearby and is also terrific...a little more Hawaiian in character than the Ritz. The Villas at Kapalua (1-3 bedroom condos) are cheaper for a group of people.

I've stayed at the Ritz on Maui a few times, I like it a lot. Like Kevin S. says above, you get taken really good care of - and don't feel like you're on a huge property. The service is great and amenities high quality - it IS a Ritz and if you are used to that kind of attention you'll enjoy it on Maui too.

The Kapalua is also a good choice. I was surprised to hear it might be closing for rebranding but it makes sense, an update there would be a good idea. If you end up at that end of the Island and like sushi, be sure and try Sansei the Japanese Restaraunt and Sushi Bar in the Kapula Shops, adjacent to the Kapalua Hotel.

For a more comfortable "down home" experience, I stay a little further down the street at Napili Kai Beach resort. Total opposite of the Ritz, this is resort with multiple King Bed Studios (some other room types available as well) with kitchenettes, etc., many units right on the beach. I stay in a building that is no more than 15-20 yards to the beach. I love making my own coffee, juice, bagel, etc. in the morning and sitting right in front of my unit on the grass watching the ocean. If you get a chance when you're there, walk the grounds and see what you think of the place. It's NOT the Ritz, but provides a very relaxing atmosphere, one of the best beaches in Maui, and more.

Oh, and NONE of the above have "gay life" to speak of. I "bring it with me" as suggested above. Makena Beach way past Wailea has a nude beach with and all male area.

I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton Maui a lot. The only drawback is that it tends to be very windy during certain times of the year. Check with the http://www.weather.com or call the hotel to see if it is the windy season.

I also like the Grand Waialea for the pool area.

Amusing anectode, the last time I was at the Maui Prince, I had the privilege of swimming and the next day having breakfast with Leonardo DiCaprio. I wanted to invite him on a sailing excursion, but my friends did not want him along. This was before the movie "Titanic" so perhaps it was fortuitous. The boat may have sunk with him along. :-)

My favorite hotel on Maui, though is the Four Seasons.

I love all the Hawaiian islands, but I find Maui and especially Lahaina to be too "West Hollywood" for my tastes.

>

>

>My favorite hotel on Maui, though is the Four Seasons.

>

>I love all the Hawaiian islands, but I find Maui and

>especially Lahaina to be too "West Hollywood" for my tastes.

Hoo,

I agree with everything that you said. Except not bringing Leo along

x(

I stayed at the Four Seasons 2 years ago, and loved it, except for the pool area and the LA people. We did, however, enjoy a week with Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson (we met them there). They were gracious, fun, and picked up a $2000 dinner and bar bill at Spago, followed by Kid playing a few tunes in the lobby bar. They loved my ex bf so much that we have a pic of him playing with her chest.

Archived