Today I feel like having Asian...

marylander1940

He’s gorgeous but those are durians he’s cutting. I’m so conflicted.

I did not know what a durian is so I looked it up. Now I understand your statement:

"Some people regard the durian as having a pleasantly sweet fragrance, whereas others find the aroma overpowering with an unpleasant odour. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage. The persistence of its odour, which may linger for several days, has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia. By contrast, the nineteenth-century British naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace described its flesh as "a rich custardhighly flavoured with almonds".

I did not know what a durian is so I looked it up. Now I understand your statement:

"Some people regard the durian as having a pleasantly sweet fragrance, whereas others find the aroma overpowering with an unpleasant odour. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage. The persistence of its odour, which may linger for several days, has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in southeast Asia. By contrast, the nineteenth-century British naturalist Alfred Russel Wallace described its flesh as "a rich custardhighly flavoured with almonds".

I was caring for a Thai friend who became a quadriplegic due to Gullain-Barre. He was in a public hospital. Another friend who is Asian brought him a durian one slow and sleepy Sunday afternoon. Suddenly the hall was alive with activity and men were shouting "Call it in. It as to be a gas leak!" It was surrendered and disposed of forthwith. Interestingly I found some dried durian chips to bring him. I found them odorless but pleasantly sweet.