Darlene Love's Final Letterman Appearance

mmk123
This topic is 2706 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I always enjoyed watching her on David Letterman every year and even though that tradition is over, there is no reason why it still cannot be enjoyed.

She's began singing in the early 60's, but to those of a certain age she's best remembered as Danny Glover's wife in the "Lethal Weapon" movies.

~ Boomer ~

I Love Darlene!

Amen!

For anyone else who loves Darlene, she is featured in this terrific documentary which is (or, at least, was ... maybe still is) available on Netflix ...

20 Feet from Stardom is a 2013 American documentary film by Morgan Neville, produced by Gil Friesen, a music industry executive whose curiosity to know more about the lives of background singers inspired the making of the film.

The film follows backup singers and stars Darlene Love, Judith Hill, Merry Clayton, Lisa Fischer, Táta Vega, and Jo Lawry, among many others. On March 2, 2014, it won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature at the 86th Academy Awards.

Watching Darlene Love on David Letterman became one of my holiday traditions over 10 years ago! I was in NYC the day they filmed that & was lucky enough to get tickets to see her perform at BB Kings the same night.

She has resurrected the performance yearly on "The View", (the second year aired on Friday).

Have a GREAT holiday season boys/men/fellow man whores/fans & hater.

(Tried to upload a photo of Ms. Love & myself, but no luck!).

Archived