Favorite restaurant for Chicago Pizza?

MrMattBig
This topic is 2382 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I dined out last night at a Chicago Pizza restaurant, and my experience was lack luster. I think it started from the server having a bitchy attitude because my party of 4 wanted to sit in a booth made to fit 6, and the overall experience carried right over to the food. Anyone have any suggestions on the best place to experience Chicago Pizza on my last night in town?

I dined out last night at a Chicago Pizza restaurant, and my experience was lack luster. I think it started from the server having a bitchy attitude because my party of 4 wanted to sit in a booth made to fit 6, and the overall experience carried right over to the food. Anyone have any suggestions on the best place to experience Chicago Pizza on my last night in town?

There's a local place here just north of Detroit - wonderful pizza, awesome patio right on Woodward, but the service - just shake-your-head-wow bad. If you ask for one of the tables at the edge of the patio with a good view and you have only four people, they act like you're asking to have a baby killed and served on your pizza.

• 11 months later...

If your profile is correct it seems you live in the San Fernando Valley? Check out Taste Chicago. They do awesome, super-legit Chicago Deep Dish. It's located right between Burbank and Toluca Lake.

Lou Malnati's can be ordered online for nationwide shipping.....shipped frozen overnite, packed in dry ice.....a bit more pricey than being local at a restaurant location but pricewise, still acceptable.....& baking at home, even without a formal pizza oven, still results in a great taste....& a treat enjoyed by all.

https://www.tastesofchicago.com/

Gee, @Ludo , I wish you were here back when I lived in San Diego. I would have driven to Burbank/Toluca Lake for good Chicago pizza. Do they make stuffed as well as deep-dish?

Here in Phoenix, where half the city seems to have come from Chicago, we have a Lou Malnati''s outpost and several Rosati's. Lou's is company-owned and Rosati's are franchised, as they are in Chicago. Still, their pizza is very good.

It really depends on the type of pizza you like. Lou Malnati is good but I like Blaze Pizza in Lakeview as well. Jets Pizza is good too. I like thin crust ove the traditional Chicago deep dish ones.

They will be coming to take you away around 1:00. Please have your bags packed. They don't like waiting.

It really depends on the type of pizza you like. Lou Malnati is good but I like Blaze Pizza in Lakeview as well. Jets Pizza is good too. I like thin crust ove the traditional Chicago deep dish ones.

For thin crust.....Barnaby's in Northbrook.....(not sure if there are still other Barnaby's locations that are exactly the same food/menu as Northbrook still is)

http://www.barnabysofnorthbrook.com/

Gee, @Ludo , I wish you were here back when I lived in San Diego. I would have driven to Burbank/Toluca Lake for good Chicago pizza. Do they make stuffed as well as deep-dish?

Here in Phoenix, where half the city seems to have come from Chicago, we have a Lou Malnati''s outpost and several Rosati's. Lou's is company-owned and Rosati's are franchised, as they are in Chicago. Still, their pizza is very good.

Chicago deli food in Scottsdale too.....Goldman's Deli - several family members connected to one of Chicago's best delis, who relocated & brought their recipes to the desert.....when we're at our Scottsdale crib, an early breakfast @ the Breakfast Club & a late lunch @ Goldman's = a good food day.

Chicago deli food in Scottsdale too.....Goldman's Deli - several family members connected to one of Chicago's best delis, who relocated & brought their recipes to the desert.....when we're at our Scottsdale crib, an early breakfast @ the Breakfast Club & a late lunch @ Goldman's = a good food day.

Thanks for the tips! If you ever get to San Diego, go to Richard Walker's downtown and in LaJolla. The owner is a member of the family who owns Walker Brothers' in Wilmette (and other North Shore and Northwest suburbs).

Back to pizza - if you know of a place that serve good stuffed pizza in Phoenix, please let me know. I think a Gino's East franchise opened on Indian School in Arcadia, but the franchised locations are never as good as the original.

Archived